Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a recall message in the mail today. Apparently there are weld on the exhaust that were not done properly and this could cause the exhaust to crack and allow the muffler to come loose. If you want to hear the whole thing verbatim just let me know.[V]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would like some more information on the recall. Did Kawasaki mention that it was a certain series of 636's (from serial #... to serial #...) or all 2003 636's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yup...got the letter today....I wonder if its only for stock exhaust systems? What if you change your whole exhaust system? Are you still a part of the recall?

Hmmm...I wonder?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was at the dealer and they told me the recall involves adding a rubber groment to the bracket. If it is not added the muffler can crack. They also check the muffler and will replace it if it is already cracked.

Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
its all the 03 and all the 04 r and rrs mi question is i do have an aftermarqet you may get reinburse on the can if you have and aftermarquet but you may loose your warranty since you tamper with the exhaust double edge sword here fellas????

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by JUAN72616
its all the 03 and all the 04 r and rrs mi question is i do have an aftermarqet you may get reinburse on the can if you have and aftermarquet but you may loose your warranty since you tamper with the exhaust double edge sword here fellas????
According to my dealer, if you install aftermarket exhaust, you void your warrenty. I have personally seen others have warrenty work done with aftermarket equiptment installed. Best bet if you have new exhaust and need warrenty work is to re-install your stock equiptment and have it done then.
The only way you get a new stock can is if you drive it in with a stock can.
I am still waiting on them to finish mine...the pipe is on back order. Check out this thread for more details.
http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10246&SearchTerms=recall

·
Registered
3 Posts
should I bother getting the new zx6r (2k4) now? or wait for the whole recall. (btw...this will be my first bike...would hate to have that issue)

·
Registered
37 Posts
all they do is grind a littel weld on the Black round clamp then losen that band and put in a rubber gasket thing between the canster and the round clamp 15 min and it is done they wait longer to let it cool off then it takes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.