Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've hit the milage where the light usually comes on and nothing.
I usually get 190km (114 miles) or so before the light comes on. I can keep going just to make sure but I don't want to run out in the middle of no where. What would cause this? Fuse is good, all other lights work, what gives. Only 4000km and the problems are starting?:(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow only 114 miles before the fuel light comes on?? I just hit 152 on Sunday before the light came on my 6RR. Granted I only have 1250 miles on her, but sheeez, 114 miles to a tank? Do you like rev out on all gears everywhere you go or something?? You should average about 38 miles per gallon according to many Motorcycle mag tests on the 636.

Be safe and wear your gear!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the same problem, although mine comes on at 89mi everytime.
When I stop to fill up I can only put about 2.8 gallons in.
My bike never sees below 8k rpms, & I've just started filling up at 125mi on the trip meter.
I think its the trapped gases when the bike heats up causing the tank to think its empty. Everytime I stop my tank is hissing.
I probally should take a look at all of my tank vents & make sure they aren't clogged.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I suggest you get gas and just make a note of your mileage per gallon. I suspect that your fuel consumption improved, because I had a similar thing happen to me. Used to have around 110+ miles before the light came on. Then a month ago (when my bike had around 1300+ miles), the light didn't come on even at 120+ miles. So I also thought the fuel light was malfunctioning and decided to gas it up just in case. But when I topped it with fuel, I found that I put in less gas than I usually did, i.e., I got much better fuel consumption. This happened without me modifying my riding style or doing any performance mods. So next time, I just waited for the light to come on, and it did at around 130+ miles, and the fuel consumption improved even more. I used to get around 33-34 mpg. Now I get around 40mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.