Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody got one and how are thay i was leaning thare way and read some things any photos thanks james

·
Registered
179 Posts
Try doing a search here and you'll find pictures, have you considered M4, Hindle, devil as well? They also offer High mount Slip-on's for our bikes. I am more towards M4, price is reasonable and the sound is great from what I hear. Hindle's are nice too and from what I also read they are pretty loud. Haven't heard much about Devil or Micron.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was torn between the M4 Ti highmount and the Micron Ti highmount. I called pipecity and talked with the sales rep about the differences. He gave me a very unbiased opinion. Basically said that the M4 was used for more race bikes and was a great pipe, but had a bit "rougher" look than the Micron, i.e. the welds were very visible on the midpipe. Said the Micron was more "refined." Both sound good, both good quality. I asked the price and the Micron was $420... the M4 was $418. I got the Micron. Also, the Micron has the little heat shield for the midpipe, which I'll want to get powdercoated.

I really like the look of the Hindle, but did not want the "indy car" sound.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got the Micron highmount just the other day, i'm totaly happy with it.. it screams at high rpms, but won't get a cops attention at idle. which is good in my opinion.. here's a few shots

/forum/uploads/deftone636/right_side.jpg

/forum/uploads/deftone636/exhaust_close.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey deftone636 what did you use to relocate your stock signals, I noticed that your back fender is gone. Today I installed my fender eliminator from competitionwerkes which is pretty decent. Can you do me a favor and take a shot of the back of your bike, I would like to see the clearance of your pipe and the bike. Thanks dude, I am thinking of getting a high mount for my 636 as well. By the way I like your exhaust dude it looks sweet as well as the bike, you chose a beautiful color.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny77

Hey deftone636 what did you use to relocate your stock signals, I noticed that your back fender is gone. Today I installed my fender eliminator from competitionwerkes which is pretty decent. Can you do me a favor and take a shot of the back of your bike, I would like to see the clearance of your pipe and the bike. Thanks dude, I am thinking of getting a high mount for my 636 as well. By the way I like your exhaust dude it looks sweet as well as the bike, you chose a beautiful color.
You cannot use the dfender eliminator with a high mount, unless you are willing to bent the light or take a chance o elting it down. Sorry...my fried had that problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry bro.. i read this at my friends house last night.. and didn't have the pics on his computer to get you... i did my tail all by myself.. with no kit... (thats probly why you can see the wires) but i didn't feel like wasting money on an eliminator for now

/forum/uploads/deftone636/back.jpg

/forum/uploads/deftone636/back_close.jpg

/forum/uploads/deftone636/back_high.jpg

/forum/uploads/deftone636/back_left.jpg

i mounted the tail lights with some brackets and did the wiring.. it's not to hard. drilled the holes for the plate mount myself.. there's no light or anything under there.. but any cars headlights light it right up at night, but mount em like that and you should have problems

as for the pipe clearance... i didn't have any real good angles but i hope these help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry haven't been on the ring for awhile. I have the same pipe asthe photo's listed above with the Competion werks kit. The turn signals that come with the kit have a threaded tube for mounting and the wires to go thru, this can be screwed into the signal further or out and slid into the plate nount further, or even cut down. I have a few milimeters clearance, it's rubbing or melting. Unfortunately i don't know how to load photo's here so... But it looks great, very clean.

I have a ZG Dbl Bubble lite smoke on order, still needs a Scott's dampner, Crash Sliders, race stand bungs, and Gregg's customs front signals (when they are available).
Mounted braided lines, K and N filter, PC-IIIR and the Micron to date. Aside from one track day, this is mostly my commuter bike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Deftone636 those pics really helped. I have the short stalk Lockhart Phillips on the back and they are a little smaller than yours. There should be no problem with the clearance with the right light and the canister. If there are I can always cut it down or do something to fix it. I have to give you props on your bike man, it looks like a badazz. From taking a look on your bike I am getting a High mount with a oval canister, although I am torn between Micron and M4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.