Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ill bet this has been here before, but I searched and couldnt find it. I bought a 03 gsxr1000 about a week ago. I love and hate the bike. The power is unreal. good and bad. good wheelies bad because it wheelies too easy. I can run 80 in 3rd, roll on har ind the front jumps up. I want a 636. But I cant find a shop that will let me test ride a 636 farther then the parking lot. I have a 2000 zx6r I love it. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of a 636 compared to an older gen. any info will be appriciated

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Eric, I have a 99 zx6r and bought an 03 636 back in June so I know the transition pretty well. You'll love it. My 99 is a great bike but the difference in overall power and handling is unreal. It being fuel injected alone was worth it. I've also ridden several different big bore bikes ans I know what you mean about to much power. I've ridden my buddies R1 and it's great on the straights but it's hard to keep the tire planted when you grab a handfull of throttle coming out of a corner.

The 636 is great bike, but having the 636 and a gixxer 1000 now that would be sweet!:D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
wouldn't it be better off learing better throttle maintenence then buying a new bike? ;)

ok ok, I'm just jealous cuase I dont own a liter bike yet ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
ALL PRO..NO CON!!

If you want a bike that was made for corners and will smoke everything in it;s class and then some..this is the bike for you..03 636 all the way baby...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
My '98 was no comparison to my '03, and I have also spent PLENTY of time on '02s (I have three riding buddies with '02's...) and they just seem heavy and less explosive than my '03. It's an entirely different riding experience for me. The '02's feel spongy and less focussed. If you like long highway hauls and occasional two-up riding, the '02 may be the better choice. If you intend on lots of canyon carving and some track days, don't even think twice - go with the '03.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree 100%. Which is why I bought the '02. [8D]Actually, it was a tough choice between the VFR and the 02ZX-6r... the riding position and comfort is quite similar between the two. The 03r on the other hand felt too aggressive for me to enjoy for long rides.

The '02's feel spongy and less focussed. If you like long highway hauls and occasional two-up riding, the '02 may be the better choice. If you intend on lots of canyon carving and some track days, don't even think twice - go with the '03.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.