Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this pronblem? Essentially the bike runs great but has an anoying tendancy to gurgle and stumble in low RPMs. Acts like it is missing on one or more cylinders??? Also tends to backfire under hard deceleration.

Mods are:

Devil Slip on
PCIII (Micron Slip-On Map)
K&N filter
Rear Sprocket 2 teeth up (42)
Front Sprocket on tooth down (14)

Problem existed before I iunstallped the PC. I hoped the PC would help resolve it but no joy.

I live in guam so I am generally at sea level. I have played with the map to enrich and lean the mix but condition returns. next step is to completely drain fuel and replace the fuel filte. Also thinking that injectors may be clogged or possible stick coil problems.

Any info or recommendations are appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
my 636 is pretty slow at low rpms, i can open the throttle all the way but it will just sit there till after it gets up to about 6,000 then it takes off, i think thats just how they are. mine doesnt gurgle or anything tho. Also backfiring during hard deceleration is normal with aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Sounds like a good place to start is to check the vaccuum hoses under the air box and then sync the throttle bodies.

Also, be sure your spark plugs are in good shape. Running a bottle of injector cleaner couldnt hurt as well.

Are your valve clearances in good shape? How many miles on the bike?

My '05 (8k miles) was running like shit as well until I did all of the above. Now it purrs like a kitten.

My 636 is a dog under 6k RPM's. Its just the way they are, unless you change the sprockets.

·
Registered
88 Posts
one thing I did notice there was a post talking about a valve (cca?)that was blocked and made his kwak sound like a diesel.. ill search for it later...

·
Registered
547 Posts
It can be about 50 different things with how you described it, you need to start looking at everything and anything, if you know it was running better at some point before.

I would start with the basics...spark, fuel, compresion and timing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.