Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my '03 6R since November 18. Last week got a recall notice to return bike for possible repair to exhaust mount. Anyone else taken their bike in due to the recall? Mine has been in the shop for a week now.

·
Registered
251 Posts
many of us have, yes. You should have kept your bike until they recieved the little rubber piece that they are going to slip underneath the exhaust banding. Took them 15 minutes to inspect/repair mine in accordance with the recall.

·
Registered
251 Posts
As a matter of fact the shop should have repaired it before they sold it to you because the recall came out before you even purchased the bike. Sounds like a shady dealership considering that it was a safety recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my pipe had broke at the bracket the week before I got the recall notice. I took it to the dealer and they said I needed a new pipe but not to worry because the recall would cover it. They didn't have one in stock so they offered to take one off of a new bike and do the rubber piece install as the recall says. I told them why not give me an aftermarket pipe instead. They said.....OK :D so they gave me a D&D pipe in chrome installed for free :D great deal

·
Registered
558 Posts
damn i wish they would've ordered me an aftermarket one too. i've been waiting for mine stock exhaust for a month now they said that the exhaust was on back order.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What does the recall consist of? Is this something I can do at home?
Really don't wan't to take it down to the dealer and have it sit for 2+ weeks be for they can get around to the repair.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sublime Ride, I don't have an '03 and thus never got the recall... but from what I am gathering it's for a rubber piece for under the exhaust mount banding. If that's the only part/reason for the recall, then no, there's no reason for you to take your bike in if you're going to pick up an aftermarket slip-on. (You're eliminating the problem on your own.)

·
Registered
671 Posts
You can check out this site for more info on the recall or go to www.buykawasaki.com

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10246&SearchTerms=recall

I won't even start on my thoughts of this recall...my bike has been in the shop since November 17th....still no bike. No my dealership won't swap out the pipe and if I install an aftermarket myself, they will void the warrenty for me. I might be done with Kawasaki and Sunrise Cycle...Just some bad taste in my mouth I guess.:(

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Skiv, it sounds like you need to find a new dealer. That kind of time is totally unacceptable, especially for a simple recall.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by Parli32
Skiv, it sounds like you need to find a new dealer. That kind of time is totally unacceptable, especially for a simple recall.
Yeah, I am pretty much done with them....but I said that about the other dealer in the area...who I bought my last bike off of 10 years ago...guess I have bought my last bike in my area since there is no one left to sell me anything!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.