Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. I have an 03 ZX6R with about 8,000 miles on it. It started stalling intermittently at various speeds. I'll pull over, let it sit for a minute, it'll start but won't turn over. Then when it starts, it'll run for a few minutes then will cut off again. My FI light somes on. It will not cut out if I'm in nuetral and at a stop, it'll only stall if I'm in gear moving. It did this once on a 5 hour ride, and then the other day on my way home from work, about 20 minutes into the ride. Anyone have any ideas or experienced this???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting thought. I've read the forums and saw it could be anything from the battery, fuel filter to wire harness. Dealer has no f'n idea. Looks like I'll be chasing this for a while.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Sounds like an electrical issue...ignition module maybe.

Elecrical parts stend to stop working once they heat up for a few minutes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just a thought.. One of my friends had a similar issue on his GSXR turned out the kick stand was loose a little bump would cause it to kill the bike. He went through everything and finally found that, once he tightened it up, the problem was gone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.