Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another slider thread, yes I did a search and no I didnt find an answer to my question.
Just bought some sliders. The make is Diamond Powersports from cyclegear. Package says for 03-04 zx6r/zx6rr. Everything I have read says these are no cut sliders, no mods necessary to the fairing. Left side installs fine, right side does not. The slider itself wont clear the fairing leading me to believe that these are the wrong ones or the fairing needs to be cut.

Does another know if the zx6r(636) is the exact same engine bolt location on the right side as the zx6rr (599)? I havent found any info specific to the rr model. Would rather not cut the fairing. Am I wrong to assume the engine mounting bolts are in the same location for both models?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
well i am not positive but i don't think they are in the same location. I think the RR is smaller and closer to the fairing

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not familliar with that brand . I have Vortex sliders and they come with two different bases. One is longer than the other to overcome this very issue. Check yours. You might have them backwards.

·
Registered
261 Posts
they make one set of sliders for a bunch of different bikes. on some of the bikes they are "no cut" but on others you will have to cut your fairing. its easy just get a hole saw if you can or if not just use a dremel. dont forgrt to put masking tape on whatever you are cutting. and cut from the outside in so you dont fk up the paint.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
you prolly (hopefully) got them backwards. the longer one goes on the right side to clear the fairing. the R and RR are the same. motors can even be swapped from one to the other. they r either backwards or you have the wrong set.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, I dont have them backwards, wish it was that easy.They are both the same diameter and the right side is about a 1/4 inch too close to the fairing. They are a solid diameter all the way through, They dont have a seperate base like others I have seen. Might just return them and get another brand... Cutting the fairing will be easy but just cant bring myself to do that just yet.
After looking at pictures of both the R and the RR models, I think the RR fairing cutout hole is a little tighter in that area, not sure why...

Check out this link...These are the sliders, the application chart states no fairing modification necessary....

http://www.funbikecenter.com/eshopp...rd_sliders.DIAMOND_POWERSPORTS_FRAME_SLID.htm

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, well I put everything all together and I can get it to fit but its rubbing the fairing and kind of forcing it out a bit. Not a lot but more than I would like to for sliders that are supposed to be no modifications to fairings... I think I can live it it for now. Just wonder how much rubbing it will take to start wearing the paint off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.