Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone.

I'm having a little issue with my speedometer reading. It is tripping out on me. I can be riding at 50+ MPH and is does not read anything and I can be still and it will read different numbers. It is not reading my speed correctly.

What can it be?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I cleaned out behind the sprocket cover , wasnt dirty at all. Its sparking clean behind it and the front sprocket nut is still the original OEM one. Wasted $130 on a new cluster......... fuck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is clean too and I doubt cluster has anything to do with it. I replaced the sensor after 1st time it happened with a used sensor. I'm not 100% sure if its the sensor since I replaced it with a used one. But my sprockets are all stock and clean.

I seen this computer that resets your speedometer or something like that, I'll be calling Kawasaki dealer and stop by at a local shop and find out more.

The trippy speed mystery continues..................

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mine is clean too and I doubt cluster has anything to do with it. I replaced the sensor after 1st time it happened with a used sensor. I'm not 100% sure if its the sensor since I replaced it with a used one. But my sprockets are all stock and clean.

I seen this computer that resets your speedometer or something like that, I'll be calling Kawasaki dealer and stop by at a local shop and find out more.

The trippy speed mystery continues..................
Any luck with the calibration ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont have insurance on the bike yet so I have not brought it to the shop. I will keep you guys updated once I do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speedo sensor problem zx6r 2003

Hi there, any chance you could let me know if you managed to sort out this problem with speed sensor? My bike is doing that same, I'm doing approx. 3omph speedo is showing 3mph, I'm doing 50mph and speedo is showing 5mph etc etc

Please could you let me know how did you sort this out?

Best regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts