Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, hope everyones keeping safe and well.

Gradually working my way through this tired low mileage 2004 and now at the front end, whipped off all the plastic, replaced clutch cable and starting to put everything back together...prior to removing the fairing I noticed on left lock the clutch cable rose considerably covering the dash which was very annoying, I can't recall this being as prominent on my previous 04.

I do know this is an issue as per other comments elsewhere...what I want to know is should there be a cable guide on say the bottom yoke and I cant figure out what the chrome bolt assy is attached to the inner nose cone as per pic, is this connected in some way.....looked at the workshop manual to no avail but maybe I'm missing something, everything else is as it should .....cheers Stu..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
There should be a cable and hose routing section in one of the appendixes in the Service Manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's none too clear... however I think I may have sussed it, when the inner fairing panel is attached it would appear that the chrome fitting helps guide the cable... although I'm not 100pc convinced...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts