Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

The names Frank and I'm a proud owner of a 2004 Ninja 250 with only 700 miles on it! Needs some work to get started and I hope you guys could help me get her up and running. This is my first bike so it's going to be treated like a baby haha!

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,796 Posts
Hi Frank! Friggin bike sounds like it might have sat for the past 7-8 years. I'd imagine the carbs might need to be cleaned and it'll need new tires (along with maintenance on the chain), but it should be kosher otherwise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Frank! Friggin bike sounds like it might have sat for the past 7-8 years. I'd imagine the carbs might need to be cleaned and it'll need new tires (along with maintenance on the chain), but it should be kosher otherwise.
Yup! I just tried charging the battery and put it back on the bike. All the lights turned on except the headlight. When I went to click the started button all I heard was a click and all the lights went off. Not too familiar with bikes so hope you guys could help!

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,796 Posts
LOL That battery is toast. A decently maintained motorcycle battery will last maybe 7 years. While it might charge up to 12.5 volts it's not going to hold. You could probably snag a battery via eBay for <$50. The battery is a Yuasa model #YTX7L-BS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL That battery is toast. A decently maintained motorcycle battery will last maybe 7 years. While it might charge up to 12.5 volts it's not going to hold. You could probably snag a battery via eBay for <$50. The battery is a Yuasa model #YTX7L-BS
Already loving this forum:banana:
Ordering the battery right now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts