Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Better deals to be had if you look long enough. GTS bought an 04-05 with some nice parts on it for $5,000, and it is minty.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better deals to be had if you look long enough. GTS bought an 04-05 with some nice parts on it for $5,000, and it is minty.
What would be a good sale price for the one listed? Also thanks for the quick reply : ) I'll keep looking if I have to

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com app

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Without seeing it in person, I would offer something like $4,200-$4,500. I haven't looked extensively, and I am sure if you do you can find one with some cool bolt-ons and less money.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without seeing it in person, I would offer something like $4,200-$4,500. I haven't looked extensively, and I am sure if you do you can find one with some cool bolt-ons and less money.
Thanks I hope I can find one locally!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
but then again with this one, it is completely unmolested, and you can buy the parts you want for it

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
but then again with this one, it is completely unmolested, and you can buy the parts you want for it
That's expensive.

A friend of mine recently bought an 04 R6 track bike, for $2,300.

It has more money into bolt ons than the paid for the whole bike. Ohlins shock, full exhaust, PCIII, aftermarket rotors, the list goes on.

I did it that way once, bought a brand new bike and then threw thousands of dollars at it. Next time I am going to let someone else do that for me, and have a cool bike for half the money,

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
When buying used, you pay for the milage. Doesn't seen too bad if it's in great condition. There is a very minty although completely stock one around me with 6000 on the clock for $5800 obo. Ive seen others that I wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole for $4500 obo.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When buying used, you pay for the milage. Doesn't seen too bad if it's in great condition. There is a very minty although completely stock one around me with 6000 on the clock for $5800 obo. Ive seen others that I wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole for $4500 obo.
I'm gonna see if he'll take 4200$ cash

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i wouldnt pay more than 4500 if you dont mind the rash.
saw one on cl here in iowa, he was asking 4500 in minty shape with about the same miles. it was for sale for a long time, noone wanted the beast.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wouldnt pay more than 4500 if you dont mind the rash.
saw one on cl here in iowa, he was asking 4500 in minty shape with about the same miles. it was for sale for a long time, noone wanted the beast.
What a shame!!!!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Being an 04... I would offer 4200 as well.. I wouldnt go over 4500 though, and that would be if I really wanted it and couldnt find anything cheaper.

But that in my area.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Being an 04... I would offer 4200 as well.. I wouldnt go over 4500 though, and that would be if I really wanted it and couldnt find anything cheaper.

But that in my area.
Good point, he told me he won't take less than 5k so I guess I need to look for another

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Depending on your area that might be reasonable but thats getting up there.

What did the bike sell for new 10 grand at most? its 7 years old now..

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depending on your area that might be reasonable but thats getting up there.

What did the bike sell for new 10 grand at most? its 7 years old now..
Yea 5,000 is alittle too much, especially being all stock

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Pretty rare bike, unmolested, sexy green, low miles, I'd give him $5k for it. That's just me though. If it were an 06/07, then I wouldn't, but first generation ZX10R's are sex. If you don't grab it, someone will. Is another $500 gonna break your bank?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty rare bike, unmolested, sexy green, low miles, I'd give him $5k for it. That's just me though. If it were an 06/07, then I wouldn't, but first generation ZX10R's are sex. If you don't grab it, someone will. Is another $500 gonna break your bank?
No but it would be nice to put it into mods lol but I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this! Just hope I can get a loan in time

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would also discuss about tires as well. If he has tires on there from 04 or 05, they are getting up in age. I naturally buy a bike for age and mileage. I recently bought a zuke and I jumped on it due to mileage, age of owner, price, and leo vince pipes. I paid a very fair price for the bike and I felt the buyer and seller both got a good deal. Seller listed the bike and it was sold in less than 24 hours.

This bike is mint, but it's hard for me to put that much money and it not have one mod. The last two bikes I've purchased have had exhaust on them and it was an exhaust that was in the top 3 exhaust I wanted. The exhaust alone made me that much more interested in the particular bikes.

I would offer $4500 and then just wait and see if the bike sells or not. Continue following it on CL and maybe the seller will start to lower the price. If they are not wanting it to sit in the garage, then 90-95% of their asking price is better than 0% of their asking price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts