Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on fellow riders. i want to buy a new exhaust for my 2004 zx6r. anyone have an suggestion on what works best. i am looking for an exhaust that makes a rumbble . i dont want to sound like a souped up lawn mower. thank you

·
Registered
272 Posts
i had a carbon fiber muzzy on my '04 and it sounded SWEET. very nice low tone. only thing is it would backfire/pop if you let off the throttle after getting it up high. i personally loved it, but some people don't like it. there's a fix for it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i got a jardine rt-1 race slip on, it sounds real nice down low in revs and screams up high. the best was the price $227 at pipe city and the angle of the exhaust just looks right on our model.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a micron high mount and it sounds great. My buddy with a gsxr 1000 said that the micron on my bike is one of the best he has heard on a 600

--nate

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I really like the high mount. Mine's an '05 with undertail so i'm not familiar with the top choice exhausts on the '04's but definitely the high mount.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
akrapovic is always a good choice. sounds great on the '03/04.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Get the Hindle high-mount. It is a smaller can than the Micron, so it looks better. I have one and it sounds great, whether you are on the bike or riding next to.

--David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.