Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Getting ready to order this exhaust but it says that fuel remapping is reccomended..could someone tell me what that means and if its need sto be done..thanx

·
Registered
442 Posts
a powercommander will do the job...did you order the full system?

·
Registered
438 Posts
it said the same thing when i bought mine.I asked the mechanic and he said its recommended but you dont have to.I think thats only with a pc

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a PC when you get your RS-5. You will not be sorry, the PC makes the throttle response smoother. You won't have to worry about the bike feeling bogged down off the line, it will feel awake instead of sleepy.

WWW.FUELMOTOUSA.COM

$599.00 shipped to you door with RS-5, K&N airfilter, and PCIII

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Damn! That's a pretty good deal for exhaust, pc3, and k&n..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dont put a yoshi RS-5 thats a honda pipe get a muzzys pipe or Hot Bodies racing exhuast system check em out before you settle on a yosi for a kawi.[8]

·
Registered
442 Posts
no...yosh is good, muzzy is good, hotbodies = not good

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by Mid-rang Mikey
Dont put a yoshi RS-5 thats a honda pipe get a muzzys pipe or Hot Bodies racing exhuast system check em out before you settle on a yosi for a kawi.[8]
Please start reading more before you start posting ignorant things like that... Spreading misinformation is bad.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

Please start reading more before you start posting ignorant things like that... Spreading misinformation is bad.
The yosh is excellent compared to the hotbodies set-up. This is true being that I have personally seen 3 not 2 05 636's tail section go up in smoke at the track due to garbage hotbodies engineering. Cosmetically does the hotbodies kit look good?? Hell yeah..but it's just not practical for the weekend roadracer or heavy track use unless you do your own engineering to improve their design. Definitely not worth the $700.00 bucks for a piece of plastic and a half-assed pipe that I could probally get made at a muffler shop for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yosh is good, buddie has one on his 05 636 that the previous owner put on it. I have a M4 on my 10 and had a M4 on my 03 636. I would try:

Yosh
Akropovich
Arata
M4

I am not a big fan of Muzzy anymore, they used to be the thing in their day but their current styling leaves a little to be wished for anymore.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i have a yosh slip on and love it. i also do not have a power commander (yet) and have had zero problems with it. i get compliments on my pipe all the time. it sounds great. definately a good investment

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by Mid-rang Mikey
Yoshimura is for SUZUKI [B)]

and the hotbodies is garbage.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had the kit from fuel moto .. K&N air filter, PC3 & RS5 SS slipon... It made the bike very fast. 179 indicated with the greatest of ease =)

I traded the bike in for a zx-10 but it was awesome while it lasted. =)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.