Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Another guy here just used some double sided tape

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have one.. eh i dont like it... it came with my 2nd 06 636.. it vibrated some what and took paint off the swingarm...

i took it off the second i got the bike home..

·
Registered
49 Posts
double sided tape is a much better option than drilling holes. Imo it is dangerous to ride a bike with a drilled swingarm or frame.

3M company actually makes some industrial double sided tape that sticks like the part is welded on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i bought the carbon version of this hugger. it had holes to drill, but i just used the 3M strong double sided tape and it holds pretty solid. As for the quality, it is absolute garbage! i have a feeling they looked at the bike for a few minutes then decided to make it in the dark based on memory. If you have the money buy a better one to avoid stretching/cracking it to make it fit. garbage. also i bought the carbon version for cheaper too i think.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, I bought one. Drilled the holes. Didn't fit at all!!! I sent it back and got a refund. Buy a Puig. I just ordered one. Defiantly worth the money. Like they say, you get what you pay for!

·
Premium Member
15,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do!

I think I'll hold off until I get a Powerbronze, Puig is just a little too bling bling for me.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have one too. If you want a show type street bike dont buy it. It looks OK from 10ft, but its not prefect.

The mounting is my only complaint, but I didn't care that much since my bike is only a race bike and only needs to look for from 50ft @ 100mph.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah this company products are not as described. I also brought this same hugger for my bike and was told to drill holes in swingarm which i didn't do and returned product for a full refund no problem. Sorry my advice do not buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.