Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a MotoGP Style Exhaust, the 636's undertail is very lacking... I thought about fiberglassing my own but decided that would just be a lot of trouble so sought out an alternate route...

I went to hotbodies site to see about emailing them to purchase the undertail that they sell with their exhaust seperately.

They sell an undertail for the 05 ZX10r... I know some parts are interchangeable between the 10r and 6r, do you think the tail section is the same? Would be really nice to have that piece.

Thanks guys,

KD

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i dont think it will fit. i'm pretty sure someone has asked them before and they said they won't sell the undertail without the exhaust. some guys around here have fabbed some undertails up. just search. sorry, don't know what to tell you to search for. search the 05-06 section AND the 03-04. you might have better luck in the 03-04 section because a short while ago, we didn't have separate forums, it was just 03-06

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the response, that's too bad... Hotbodies exhaust sucks pretty bad imho, just with the extra care you have to take to avoid the melting issues and what not.. Plus the sounds not up my alley.. Looks really good to have our bikes cleaned up with that undertail though.

Wonder how close the ZX10 is to the ZX6... Maybe close enough I could jerry rig it to work and look good? Would be a costly (at least 120 bucks) mistake if it was nowhere close though..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I e-mailed them and am still awaiting their response, hopefully they still have it in stock, I can sand it down and a friend will paint it for me for free so color isn't an issue.

I decided I'm much to lazy to fiberglass my own, but if I run out of options there is always that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guy at hotbodies said that a zx10r has a much more narrow undertail, and that he can't think of anything close because the 636's undertail is, in fact, so wide.

They are also out of stock of the extra undertails.

·
Registered
495 Posts
silentninja, bro that bike and undertail and exhaust is just fricken sweet, love it.
make more.

-sean

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.