Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike, an 05 500r. The fairing is damaged from the bike typing over on the previous owner. My question is should I replace the broken bits or strip it off and ride it naked. I like the look of them without the fairing personally. I just want the opinions of others who have been riding longer than me.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Whatever you prefer. Keep in mind you'll have to relocate stuff like blinkers if you take it off. However, if you have a soldering iron and a little extra plastic, it's pretty easy to repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2004 500r and i bought it with intentions of taking the front fairing of for the street fighter look because it would look 1000x better but i just can't give up the windshield. If mine was damaged when i bought it i would have stripped it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
only issue with makin it naked is the wind buffeting. my bikes fairings were trashed so i did the naked thing. going over 60mph requires the use of neck muscles or you will look like you are having convulsions lol theres quite a few options out there for windscreens to fit over 7 inch rounds though. they can get pricey though for decent ones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts