Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m stumped and in need of some help!!!!!!!!!

I have a 05 zx6r that I had bought needed a key switch and was a cheaper deal had been sitting outside for a while put a key switch on it does not work found out I bought the wrong one would not allow bike to spark cause stock bike has a resistor in the ignition switch for safety reasons I’m guessing next problem after swapping out the ignition I’m able to visually verify that I have spark pulled plugs put them close to a good ground also replaced plugs to rule out that problem with basic stock cr9e plugs threw the bike back together no fire just crank try using a bit of starting fluid got me no where still no cough even really just crank ok next checked my tilt sensor thought that was a problem pulled the guts out of it cause I plan on stunting it anyway moved on to fuel good their fuel was shooting out of the tank with the fuel line off so I could verify fuel now when I first got the bike I will say fuel had water or something just pretty nasty fuel but I drained the from the tank first thing I’ve pulled fuel lines to make sure their clean and clear guy did pull exhaust cause he claim butterfly valve in exhaust was not working so I do have code 34 checked all fuzes checked kickstand safety switch even for the hell of it and clutch switch I’ve covered everything I could possibly think of I just don’t get it bike only has 15k miles on it it’s almost like it’s just magically loosing spark every time I put it back together some how

Im looking for any advice what am I missing is their a certain few sensors that could cause the bike to just crank and not run like what is going on here it makes no sense if I got fuel and spark what am I missing here maybe a direct short some where in the wiring harnesses idk but it’s really grinding my gears I can’t wrap my head around this only things that are kinda in the back of my head is if I bypassed the tilt sensor right maybe PLEASE HELP!?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a 05 zx6r that I had bought needed a key switch and was a cheaper deal had been sitting outside for a while put a key switch on it does not work found out I bought the wrong one would not allow bike to spark cause stock bike has a resistor in the ignition switch for safety reasons I’m guessing next problem after swapping out the ignition I’m able to visually verify that I have spark pulled plugs put them close to a good ground also replaced plugs to rule out that problem with basic stock cr9e plugs threw the bike back together no fire just crank try using a bit of starting fluid got me no where still no cough even really just crank ok next checked my tilt sensor thought that was a problem pulled the guts out of it cause I plan on stunting it anyway moved on to fuel good their fuel was shooting out of the tank with the fuel line off so I could verify fuel now when I first got the bike I will say fuel had water or something just pretty nasty fuel but I drained the from the tank first thing I’ve pulled fuel lines to make sure their clean and clear guy did pull exhaust cause he claim butterfly valve in exhaust was not working so I do have code 34 checked all fuzes checked kickstand safety switch even for the hell of it and clutch switch I’ve covered everything I could possibly think of I just don’t get it bike only has 15k miles on it it’s almost like it’s just magically loosing spark every time I put it back together some how

Im looking for any advice what am I missing is their a certain few sensors that could cause the bike to just crank and not run like what is going on here it makes no sense if I got fuel and spark what am I missing here maybe a direct short some where in the wiring harnesses idk but it’s really grinding my gears I can’t wrap my head around this only things that are kinda in the back of my head is if I bypassed the tilt sensor right maybe PLEASE HELP!?

Do you hear your fuel pump when you turn on the bike ? Have you checked if the inertia switch located under the seat is plugged in good connection ? or if the neutral green wire located on left hand side of bike by the output sprocket by shifter input shaft? and your brake switch and clutch switch are testing good ? i would also test the kill switch .
the resistor in the iginition is a 100 ohm resistor that takes 12v dc and steps down the voltage to 9-10v back to ecu threw the brown wire .just try the easy stuff and get back to me if these fail

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you hear your fuel pump when you turn on the bike ? Have you checked if the inertia switch located under the seat is plugged in good connection ? or if the neutral green wire located on left hand side of bike by the output sprocket by shifter input shaft? and your brake switch and clutch switch are testing good ? i would also test the kill switch .
the resistor in the iginition is a 100 ohm resistor that takes 12v dc and steps down the voltage to 9-10v back to ecu threw the brown wire .just try the easy stuff and get back to me if these fail

Only thing I have not tried was my kill switch and a compression test I do hear my fuel pump prime I’m not 100% where the Inertia switch is or what not would be worth trying

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only thing I have not tried was my kill switch and a compression test I do hear my fuel pump prime I’m not 100% where the Inertia switch is or what not would be worth trying
its located under seat its a switch that senses if the noke is on its side if its not upright it will kill fuel pump . its right hand side on the tank braket looking from behind the bike . make sure its pig tail is plugged in good and use a multi meter to determin if its working .

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the same bike that seems to be having the same problems and I don’t know what’s wrong. My bike sat out in the rain for a couple days and when I went out to start it it didn’t sound healthy and then slowly idled down and died. After that it wouldn’t wanna start and I have checked everything, it has fuel and my spark plugs spark but when it’s all together it just cracks and doesn’t start. I noticed that my spark plugs get spark but if I leave he bike on and check other plugs they won’t spark unless I turn the key to the off position and turn it on to restart it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi did anyone figure Nything out? I've also had a similar problem.
I bought an 06 636 rode it for 2 days. Ran good as far as I could tell tho did seem to not have the acceleration I expected in the low end but high side grabbed great but for the most part couldn't complain.
I filled up when I bought the bike, ran through that fairly quick fill up again, rode about 3 miles, bike dies as I pull up on a stop sign. Changed the gas the plugs, starting fluid makes the bike run and if the bikes be left alone for an hour or so the bike will idle barely on it's on. I can flutter the throttle and kinda keep it alive but only for a few seconds if I try to throttle normally tho the bike cuts out instantly and dies. After doing all this playing with the throttle the bike usually has to be left alone before it'll do any thing at all. With the hose into a bucket should fuel be shooting out or kinda just running out of the hose? Could this have to do with the butterfly valve pull cables not being hooked up but the servo plugged in? Stock exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts