Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys excuse the long explanation, just trying to bring as much info as possible to the table. Purchased 2005 z750s with 19k miles. Had been sitting for a while. Years in fact? The bike runs but not well.

I have other issues I'm fixing at the moment like a sticking throttle due to sitting. And bringing maintenance up to spec I.e all fluid changes and tires and chain. Now misfiring a sputtering could be a cause of many things. Here is what I have done so far and what I plan on doing:

Removed old gas
Changing Air filter
Changing Plugs
Cleaning TBs

No power commander installed (at least none that I could see). I read about guys having issues with that. Yamaha had an issue with their TPS sensor on fz6 similar year. Kinda acting like that all through the rpm range. Doesn't changed when it is warm either. Considering you guys have more experience with these bikes are there any known sensors to fail around my mileage? Bike is pretty gross still in the process of cleaning (see pics) so it could be anything. Anything I should look out for besides the basic stuff? Motor specific known issues?? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well never mind got it figured out. Guess there isn't too many z750s owners online anymore lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:clap: Was it dirty spark plug caps?
Unsure exactly what it was exactly, bike was sitting for 4 years so just performed maintenance.

Plugs
Filter
Oil and filter
Cleaned fuel system including individual injectors
Fresh gas

Runs like a champ. Just gotta do fork seals and tires and I'm done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts