Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! I'm in the process of buying a 2005 ZX6R with 254 miles on it. Probably around $1500 - $2000. The bike will not start and all I know is that its been sitting in the garage for over a year. Its in mint condition and as far as I know has not been abused. I know that it will be impossible to diagnose the problem with such little information, I'm just looking for some ideas to start with. Maybe water caused the tank to rust and clogged the injectors, maybe its something else. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Thanks,

Kansasaki

·
Registered
342 Posts
thats really cheap for a 05 with that little miles, is it stolen?? why would it be sitting for so long?? If its like u say its really worth about 7000$ easy. When was the last time it was started? I would start by giving the battery a good charge and changing the gas in the tank. I dont think that anything is varnised up from only a year if sitting. Actually dont worry about it starting and just go get it before someone realizes that its worth way more than what there asking.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did you try turning the ignition to the on position? [:M28]

·
Registered
759 Posts
That's WAY too low a price for that bike. It's gotta be hot or a scam or something. Be very, very careful before spending any money.

·
Registered
247 Posts
who cares if it doesnt run, if the seller has the title for it buy it!!! you can part it out for more if you cant get it to run!! But make sure the title is in hand and verify the vin from the bike to the title!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha, well at least it sounds like a good deal. I'm hoping its something simple, perhaps an ignition component or something. I'm gonna work on securing it this week. I'll do some testing to see exactly what its doing and report my findings.

I've never owned a Kawa and have had no experience with the Ninja 600. I've heard the 2005 runs pretty good for a 600cc class bike.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Not to be harsh, but if you can't tell the difference between an 02 and and 05 just by looking at it, you probably need to do a little more research before caughing up a couple G's. Even if its an 02, the deal still sounds too good to be true. Have a mechaninc or a buddy who knows something about bikes take a look at it first. But Hell, even if it isn't running, you can probably part it out and make your money back I would think. Good luck, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not that i can't tell the difference, i just haven't seen it yet. A friend was telling me about it and i know the 02s are carburated, i was just gathering feedback about the proposed deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turns out there was a "miscommunication" and the kid wants 4500 for it. I don't know about that, it makes about 95 hp compared to much more powerful modern bikes. I'll see about negotiating a little but I doubt we move forward.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and I'll keep you all updated if anything changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.