Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal. I have a 2005 ZX6RR with a power commander, k and n filter, and a yoshi RS5 slip on. The power commander has a map set for a k and n filter and the yoshi pipe. When I am riding hard on the ninja and get it up and staying up around 10oooRPMs it sometimes cuts in and out like its hitting a flat spot. It doesnt do it all the time just once in a while. When the tank is full the bike doesnt do it, just when the bike is starting to get to about a 1/4 of a tank. Its wierd that it just started doing it. The bike has now about 3k miles on it.

Here is what I am thinking:

-Connection is loose, maybe one of the fuel injection connectors from the power commander, so when its just has enough rattle from the rpms it misses
- Air filter may be starting to get clogged enough to effect the air flow causing there to be to much gas/ air mixture
- Power Commander is getting to hot sitting where it is because of the undertail exhaust causing it to run errors
- Had bad gas in it and after filling it up still havent run all of the crap out of it yet
- The map on the power commander is giving it to much/ to little gas

What do you guys think? I am going to take up the tank tonight and check all the connections and see how the air filter is looking....

Any advice would be great!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
seems to be ok now, i took apart the tank and air filter. The air filter was pretty clogged with dirt and dead bugs. Then after that i went threw all the wires for the PC to the injectors. The injector wires all seemed tight and fine. A couple of the wires looked like they had some pressure on them from the tank so I moved them and made sure they were out of the way. The next thing I checked was the hose that runs off the bottom of the tank to the engine. It looked like it was crimped a little bit so the fuel may had been not flowing properly, like if you have a crimp in a water hose. I ran it around 10oooRPMs for a bit and it seemed ok, no jerking at all. I will run it hard tomorrow threw the corners and see how it acts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.