Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Hoping someone can help. My OEM turn signals broke near the base (rubber failed). I bought K&S OEM type replacements for reinstall. I removed the front fairing and the old turn signals. I'm attempting to install the new signals now. For the life of me I can't get them into the factory holes with or without the metal piece at the bottom of the stock. They are exact matches to the OEM ones so they should work. I'm thinking their must be a technique that makes it easier. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
The correct way would be to install without the plate, and then put the plate on afterwards. I know you already tried that. Mine squeeze in and out pretty easy, so I'm not really sure why yours are hanging up. Maybe if you used some type of lubricate it would be easier, tire lube comes to mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just following up on this thread hoping it will help someone in the future. It turns out the bottom of the K&S signals are made of a hard plastic material instead of the more flexible rubber like material of the OEM ones. This makes it impossible to get it into the hole since it isn't flexible enough and lube didn't help. I ended up buying new OEM turn signal bottoms and connected them to the K&S signals. Went in easy.

·
Registered
24,929 Posts
Surprised someone actually wanted to keep the stock turn signals. That was always one of the first things people swapped on those bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts