Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, would appreciate any help here. I'm new to motorcycle repairs and I've gone past my abilities.

Here's a 1 min video showing what the starting attempt sounds like plus an up-close look of the dash when it resets everything.
video: zzr troubleshooting
This bike was sitting for 1.5 years.
  1. I bought a new battery and everything lit up, but it wouldn't turn over. It would just crank and crank.
  2. I installed new spark plugs, still won't start.
  3. I installed a new choke cable because the old one was broken, so I thought the right gas mixture wasn't getting in there. Nada.
  4. Today I completely removed the carbs and cleaned everything. There were 2 pilot jets you couldn't see through. Re-assembled and re-installed everything and this is what you see in the video.
I don't know enough about bikes to know what this sound and the resetting dash electronics mean. What I do know is that it didn't sound like this before step 2 or 3 of the above list.
I would appreciate any help you could give so I can avoid rolling it into a shop. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may have been a New Battery but it's now a very Flat Battery.
The clocks resetting is also an indication the Battery is flat.
You, sir, are my hero. Plugged it into the battery tender overnight, started right up this morning. I never would have assumed the brand new battery would need a charge -- you saved me from towing it into the shop. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts