Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im new here and have a few questions reguarding my first oil change to my 2006 636.

If possible could someone indicate where the oil filter, the oil fill cap and the drain bolt is? Pictures would help alot!

Also is there any fairing removal needed to get access to the drain plug or oil filter?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
272 Posts
... have you even looked at your bike? look down into the fairings on the left side (clutch lever side) and you'll see the black filter clear as day. look under the bike and you'll see a nice little hole in the plastics for the drain bolt. the oil fill cap would be.. well where the oil fill cap usually is on most bikes. right hand side above the rear brake lever. you won't need to take off any fairings. have a gander at the How-To forum. you'll find lots of good stuff there.

·
Registered
474 Posts
and the oil filter from the factory is on tight as heck... knowing this i went straight to the screwdriver and hammer method.. didnt bother to try anything else... took some time, but it eventually loosened up...

it also helps to look in the owners manual.. pages 90-94

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just changed my oil on my new 06 ZX6R last week at 630 miles and that oil filter was on there so tight i had to use two screw drives and a hammer to get it off. It was not an easy task but the dealer wanted to charge me $110. to change my oil, yeah right! Anyway, good luck with that.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by 06 SE ZX6R
I just changed my oil on my new 06 ZX6R last week at 630 miles and that oil filter was on there so tight i had to use two screw drives and a hammer to get it off. It was not an easy task but the dealer wanted to charge me $110. to change my oil, yeah right! Anyway, good luck with that.:)
$110 dollars to change the oil? That's nuts!! Does it come with a happy ending or something? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.