Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 months ago i laid down my 06 zx6r after a lady pulled out in front of me. The insurance totaled it but let me keep it with the salvage title. I parted out a bunch of stuff off it one of the things being the motor. After a long contemplation I have decided to keep the parts that i have, put them back together and build a stunter. I already have a great base -frame, swingarm, front and rear rims, couple sets of forks. Not quite yet in the market for the parts i need to finish the project but i am super excited about it and looking forward to tracking the build on here with you guys.

~Stock parts i need~
Engine
Front master cylinder
Right rearset
Triple tree
Kickstand
Tail fairing
Tank w/plastic (Have one with a 2 big dents i don't think i want to use)
Subframe
Rear seat

~Aftermarket parts I need/want~
Crash cage
52-60T rear sprocket w chain
D bars
Subcage
Streetfighter headlight
Turn signals

I know there is more stuff i will need/want to get as a get batter such as a hand brake. but for now this SHOULD get me started.
I found a good package deal from sick inovations on a crash cage, subcage, and a rear sprocket around $500. From what I know sick inovations is a good company.
Anyone have any advice or tips?
Would love to hear from you more experienced stunters as this will be my first stunt bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres where im at so far.
got both front and rear wheels on, front end w/ fender, front and rear calipers, rear sets and subframe. oh and the kickstand lol still need a bunch of stuff but it IS a work in progress :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya so ive heard, thanks for the advice but im gunna stick with this. main thing i need is a motor and we will be in business at least to ride it again

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
The subframe on the 05 06 break if you look at them wrong, there isn't any room under the rear seat for foot in the trunk position, the 03 04 pulls way harder on idle, the 05 06 tank isn't any good for a stunt dent, the 05 06 exhaust sucks for stunting because of the valve, the upper on the 05 06 is way too low if you want to run FF, the 05 06 is super short between the clipons and the rear seat and the 05 06 tank mount is always an issue.

On the other hand, the forks on the 05 06 are stronger than the forks on the 03 04 and the 05 06 wheels and swing arm look better..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts