Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday I traded a 4 wheeler for a 2006 Kawasaki 636 in almost perfect condition. The only issue is that the fuel light constantly stays on and the word "fuel" blinks constantly no matter how full the tank. Is this a costly fix, or something simple that has just been overlooked? Any information will be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
it's either the sensor itself or the wiring to it. the sensor is located in the fuel pump which is inside the tank. fuel pumps can be had fairly cheap on eBay, but i would check continuity of the wiring to the sensor from the ECU first.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hate to bump an old thread, but better than starting a new one...i seem to be having the same problem...only problem is, i dont know which wire runs from the fuel pump to the ecu...

can someone point me in the right direction? is it the clear, square shaped harness that has four ports, but only three prongs; that runs over the center bracket (that aligns the tank in place with bushing/long bolt), directly under the seat?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
hate to bump an old thread, but better than starting a new one...i seem to be having the same problem...only problem is, i dont know which wire runs from the fuel pump to the ecu...

can someone point me in the right direction? is it the clear, square shaped harness that has four ports, but only three prongs; that runs over the center bracket (that aligns the tank in place with bushing/long bolt), directly under the seat?
There's a picture of the connector in the service manual.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts