Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they make the hotbodies undertail for the 2005-2006 zx6r yet? ive seen one for hte 05 zx10, and 04 zx6 but i have yet to find the plate when i was searchin around. if so do you think the zx10 plate would work?

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Rumble_-_KAWASAKI_ZX10R_2004-05_Undertail_cover_GHOST_SERIES.htm

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Kawasaki_ZX10R_(04-05)_ABS_Undertail_w_Built_in_LED_signal_lights.htm

thats what im lookin for, any ideas?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know if they make an undertail without the exhaust holes, but it'd be my second choice, with a shorty gp sytle side pipe to complement it.

On a side note, I have an extra HB exhaust pipe if someone wants to buy it off of me... it is the new heat wrapped model. Someone could make a custom undertail with it out of carbon fiber or what have you. PM, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
577 Posts
There's a dude on here who made one himself, but he still put the holes in it. I bet he could do one without the holes for you if you asked.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imma try to do it myself, ive been pretty good at figuring things out and customizing things from scratch. ex: i built my own wing for my car outta cf and resin, did my own body kit, etc. so im thinkin if i tinker with the exhaust a bit i might be able to come up with some idea

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Hel
so if you made your own bodykit and wing for your car, why dont you just make your own undertail?
cause with my car, i atleast had designs to go off of. its not like i have a piece i can look at and try to mold it after.

plus my bike is 2 months old, i dont really feel like tinkering with it like that, with my car i had one i used for show, and one junker i always stole parts of, and i had no prob messin up my junker

·
Registered
276 Posts
get a piece of sheet metal, fiber glass or whatever you want to use, cut it to fit in the opening under the tail, drill mounting holes in it, then use body filler and sanding to get the look you want.

im sure its going to be alot easier than you expect to to be and i doubt it will take more than a weekend.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I emailed the guys at hotbodies about a week ago...its a no go as to purchasing the undertail tray without the exhuast...and thats a large $ to waste on a worthless exhaust in my opinion...

GunRunner

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.