Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help - I’ve had this 2007 Ninja650r since 2014 but decided to turn it into a custom streetfighter - currently rewiring the harness and have found most connections however cannot find what connects to this on the engine; pictures attached

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Is it a certain plug on the throttle body fuel rail? Any help’s appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The throttle bodies currently off the bike; this plug sits below on the engine cylinder

Gas Technology Automotive lighting Glass Electrical wiring

Electrical wiring Bag Audio equipment Luggage and bags Electronic device

Right main wiring harness has plugs coming off it for the throttle body’s 5 plugs (pictured above), and there’s an extra for the fuel tank (pictured below)
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Cable

also anyone know what the circled bolt does? (Above)

on the left side of the harness I know there’s 2 diagnostic ports that go unused so those wouldn’t go there, and there’s nothing on the front of the throttle body to connect so I’m stumped

Air box already has 2 plugs that come off the right side main harness, that sit on top of it, nothing below

If anyone with this bike could quickly check (with a picture) I’d really appreciate it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured it out; had two plugs taped together coming off the right side harness - it was one of them that I pictured in earlier posts

Now have a couple plugs left (pictured below) - the black one is for the radiator fan, anyone have an idea for the white one or the larger one (is this some sort of choke?)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part Rim

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

·
Registered
413 Posts
Apologies for the delay and the filthy bike
Attached is a pic of the sensor and wiring with colour code BG and OG
I looked at the wiring diagram I have for my bike and for the life of me I can’t see that combo anywhere on the wiring schema

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the plug below the throttle bodies it the water temperature sensor, and I think the white plug by the fan plug goes to the flasher relay.
If you look in the appendix of the service manual there should be a pile of harness layout diagrams that will help decipher what goes where.

-kelly

·
Registered
413 Posts
I believe the plug below the throttle bodies it the water temperature sensor, and I think the white plug by the fan plug goes to the flasher relay.
If you look in the appendix of the service manual there should be a pile of harness layout diagrams that will help decipher what goes where.

-kelly
Yeah that’s the way that I went about it but the wiring colour code didn’t match the manual… bizaro!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts