Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2007_Suzuki.htm

1st LIVE update:

K7 GSX-R1000: 3 way ECU with 3 different settings on the handlebar: Sports mode, Wet mode and Normal. Much in the same way as on the highest spec Benelli TNT to control the power delivery. In effect traction control! Upgraded chassis, more power etc. More detail later.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by hoser

not sure if i like em either... but the switcheable map thing is sweeeet. would be nice to have 3 different maps loaded that you can choose between on the fly.
yeah, those cans suck. 3 maps? LOL You know we'd leave it on "fast as hell" setting and rarely change it! [8D]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
very cool with the traction control.. I almost sort of like the new GSX-R's. The white/blue color scheme is my favorite that they offer. My friend rides a new 750 Gixxer in that color scheme and I loved it until he stretched it out. :(

...I like what I have though :D

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
cool idea, wonder if the common rider would be able to notice the diff between the maps

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Well, the bike looks like ass (but Suzuki hasn't done a single good thing with their exhausts in the last 3 or 4 years, so what's new)...the switchable map thing...that's gay. It's not traction control, and it's not even useful unless the rain setting limits the power to almost nothing, which is no fun anyway...I mean, what if you're just slightly on the throttle and hit a puddle, and the rear starts to spin up from the momentary hydroplane...you'll have less power, but since it's not traction control, and the tire now has no traction, it'll just spin all the way up, just like normal. Their traction control is basically just a replacement for good throttle control. Just another way Suzuki's striving to appeal to the squids.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
in that same page or R and R they said suzuki might increase the sv 650 to 700cc's i think i might be all over that.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
...and the rear starts to spin up from the momentary hydroplane...
You mean "Aquaplane". A Hydroplane is a boat.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We call it "hydroplane" in the states.

As previously mentioned, that's not traction control, it's no better than a throttle stop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.