Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team. I finally figured out that my rich splutter was due to shimming my needles, i figured it was my float hight for ages and many adjustments but when i remove the needle shimmes my problem went away but so did my lovely mid range gains. I got 2 shimms under each needIe. I would rather have the gains and live with the splutter but rather not. Its happens when i back right off the gas and apply 1/4 gas i get like 4 or 5 wet splutters and off i go! If i just crack the gas its fine but gas on same issue. If i dont back all the way off the then back on it, it doesnt happen. How can i fix this? Im thinking only with aftermarket needles?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did you adjust the pilot screws? They should be set so that the engine idles as high as possible. Stop adjusting them when the engine RPM stops climbing in response to changes. Then adjust the idle stop screw to bring the idle RPM down to whatever the service manual specifies.

Also, make sure that the throttle cables are adjusted to give the service manual specified freeplay. Between that and the idle stop screw, you should find that there's the right mixture when idling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh ive done plenty of fiddling with them and the only difference is made if i have shims or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts