Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one interested in this bike. Right now I have a 04 636 and I want to pruchase a 1000. I like the 06 10 but I dont like the colors they offer. I'm going to wait until the 07 models come out to see what is what. If it comes in the zx14 red I will get it, if not then I will be getting the 07 r1 if it changes. No need to worry fellas I will be keeping my 636. If you have any info or pics please post them

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is not a real picture. Yamaha is only using yellow this year because it is their 50th aniv. It is the only year they are going to offer yellow. Sorry to bust your bubble.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
also, every year Kawi offers differnet colors. SO odds are they are going to switch up the colors on the 10r

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by burtonsbs5114
also, every year Kawi offers differnet colors. SO odds are they are going to switch up the colors on the 10r
if they offer the 636 in orange im totally selling my blue one and getting an orange one [:p]

·
Registered
287 Posts
The 10R in orange is absolutely fabulous....!!!! Best damn looking bike this year by far.....!!!!! From what I hear it kicks ass big time....!!!! These Yamahas are way too notchy.....way, way too complicated for the eye...too many angles......go for the Kawi...!!!

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by aceman
The 10R in orange is absolutely fabulous....!!!! Best damn looking bike this year by far.....!!!!! From what I hear it kicks ass big time....!!!! These Yamahas are way too notchy.....way, way too complicated for the eye...too many angles......go for the Kawi...!!!
+ Infinity

i went to the dealer last month for my intial check and while i was there, i saw an Orange 10R....definitley creamed my pants right there on the spot....

my next bike will be, without a doubt, an Orange 10R

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
If you're talking about the 06 10R, It's not Orange. It's "Pearl Solar Yellow"

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont get me wrong I love the zx10r, I just dont like the colors they offer this year. From what I've been hearing (and what I read in the new Motorcyclist Mag) The 07 R1 should be the shit next year. All I'm saying is that if the 07 zx10r comes in a color that I dont like, I will be buying the 07 R1 if they change it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by Marlboroman

If you're talking about the 06 10R, It's not Orange. It's "Pearl Solar Yellow"
There you go....!!!! :D:D

The 10R in "Pearl Solar Yellow" (i.e. orange for the rest of us) is absolutely fabulous....!!!! Best damn looking bike this year by far.....!!!!! From what I hear it kicks ass big time....!!!! These Yamahas are way too notchy.....way, way too complicated for the eye...too many angles......go for the Kawi...!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
heres a raptors&Rockets concept of the 07' R1

sorry if its a re-post.

·
Registered
191 Posts
There is a picture of an 07 R1 in this months motorcyclist which arrived today...

Looks like an 06 R6...color.....yellow, just like the picture at the start of the thread. ;)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts

There you go....!!!! :D:D

The 10R in "Pearl Solar Yellow" (i.e. orange for the rest of us) is absolutely fabulous....!!!! Best damn looking bike this year by far.....!!!!! From what I hear it kicks ass big time....!!!! These Yamahas are way too notchy.....way, way too complicated for the eye...too many angles......go for the Kawi...!!!
Looked yellow to me at the dealership......... [:M74]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes I read it. Unlike MCN I have found that when motorcylist prints a picture regarding a new model they are on the mark....

did you catch what bike was on the front cover :D [:p]

This bike in yellow is a work of art.........

Check out Solar Yellow in the sun....best factory paint on a bike I have seen...orange yello under artificial lights...sun brings out the metal flake and really turns it yellow...maybe thats why its named Solar Yellow....the paint on the frame and swingarm is just as good.

[^]

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I still can't get over the 06 10R's headlights, I saw one yesterday while I was at Lowes and I puked in my mouth. The 14's are just as bad if not worst. +1 for cyberdos, just buy the bike you want and have it painted the color you like instead of settling for a bike that is made in your color.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
dude.... you're saying you'll either move up to a 1000cc or if you don't do that, get something 400cc even BIGGER than that? day and night difference.

that's like going from walking to a scooter.. then going from the scooter to a jet :D

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
That 'concept' of the R1 is Honda 1000RR headlights, 06 R6 side, and 06 Gixxer 1k tail. The worst traits of three bikes rolled into one. [:M85]

I agree, the 10R in Solar Yellow is gorgeous.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have alawys like the ergos and styling of the yami r1. however I am extremely happy with my 06 zx 10r, besides its a great trade off for a bike that is stronger, smoother and more powerful plus more comfortable than the yami's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.