Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I thought it was near there anyway wasn't it?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thats definitely a big jump in power..highly unlikely

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i bet your one of those guys that believed the 17500 redline too ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend that called has a 2005 R1. Stock it dynoed around 150 whp. He did a full TI-Force exhaust, power commander, bmc, a few other things, and had it tuned at power house motor sports. It dynoed at 165 whp. Now for 2007 the new R1 is getting a new motor. Isn't the new zx-10's putting down 165whp stock?

·
Registered
222 Posts
90% rider, 10% bike. HP and Torque numbers = BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! I will kill most guys on Litre bikes in the twisties on my 6RR,period.

·
Registered
480 Posts
LMAO[:p] Nah not mad here or feuding..... Just wanting to ride with some new peeps ......... Hey kawi Have you heard of the DYSTURBED RYDERS???? I think they are around your area......

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just back from the twisties. Come on up and ride with me. But you better have your game face on.
I didnt say that I would take "YOU" but most. A little rivalry is fun.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The ZX14 makes 176 horsepower at the rear wheel, so I would definitely be surprised if the new R1 made 170. But, hey, anything's possible.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by trashcan
The ZX14 makes 176 horsepower at the rear wheel, so I would definitely be surprised if the new R1 made 170. But, hey, anything's possible.

haha, someone allways tosses the zx14 in there

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The zx14 is growing on me, I guess part of it is because the comfort of it is amazing to me because I go on lots of long rides.

Anyways, I doubt it would be 170 hp to the rear wheel, and although I'd love to have something new, I'm really happy with my 9r and its 130 hp, I'm big on the comfort aspect of riding and the 9r is the best of both worlds.

Turbowill, I live on the Island as well. Are you in the ghostryders? My mechanic at replicycle in bohemia used to sponsor them, im not sure if he still does. We should ride sometime!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Well the R6's "143 BHP" and "17,500 RPM", which Yamaha later changed to "134 BHP" and removed the references entirely to the 17.5k RPM, ended up being 106.5 RWHP and 15.8k RPM's ... I believe it was Cycle World's dyno...not 100% on that, but I remember reading it in a moto mag where they dyno'd all of the 06 600's same dyno same day, all fresh out of the box with one track day and a fresh oil change for break in, the same riders broke in all five bikes same-day on the same race track in the same number of laps. The R6 was behind the Triumph and Kawi in HP (triumph was at 108, Kawi was at 112, Gixxer at 106.4, and the Honda was at 104). All of the manufacturers exagerate their performance claims, but Yamaha has taken it too far the last year or two. I wouldn't put it past Yamaha to claim 170 WHP, but I also wouldn't put it past them to deliver a bike that only produces 155 WHP to their claimed 170.

But in the end, isn't 155 enough? You can have more, but why? *shrug* To each his own.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Originally posted by Ghostdog2003
Just back from the twisties. Come on up and ride with me. But you better have your game face on.
I didnt say that I would take "YOU" but most. A little rivalry is fun.
If you (Jason & Ghost) make it out to the foothills area. (wentworth, ice house, salmon falls, etc.) let me know. I'd be up for a little norcal twisties rivalry ride. :D

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Dynos vary so much, the only factual info you get is if you put two bikes on the same dyno, in the same conditions. For instance, our '06 10 put out 8hp more than our '05, on the same dyno. The '06 also gained an additional 10hp more with SS legal mods. The '05 gained 13.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.