Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard february of next year all the way to early april. those dates were just taken from other people on the board. more like speculation. i also read in the motorcycle-usa first look that it would hit the showroom floor shortly before the year is out. That's quite a different time frame. Does anyone have any solid release date for when the 07's will be available to buy?

·
Registered
939 Posts
i went to the kawi stealership in daytona and they where saying febuary to. but im going to go check a dealer in orlando today and see what they have to say.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
The build date for them is mid-november, so they won't even be built until December. Maybe expect to see units for magazine comparos, and maybe a few units on the showroom at the bigger Kawi dealers spattered across the US, like one per big dealer. I wouldn't expect the actual shipment to hit until February, though, and that will probably still be limited. I'm expecting them to ship en-masse around March.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dragknt, where did you get this info? I'm sure your right, but since i'm trying to hold out for the '07 to replace my '05 i'm really hoping i don't have to wait until march.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The GM at a local dealer said they would be out of 6Rs (06s are all sold) until Feb 07. He said at that point they will be trickling in and he expects to have them in stock in force in March.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by cmikepee
dragknt, where did you get this info? I'm sure your right, but since i'm trying to hold out for the '07 to replace my '05 i'm really hoping i don't have to wait until march.
Manufacture date of November, and completion start date (when bikes start becoming available for press and the like) of December I got from a forum sponsor, Advanced Kawasaki. The ship date of February I got from various verbal Kawi releases in Journo press conferences I've read up on. And I just figure it'll take about a month or two after the bikes start shipping to really get a good flow coming in.

Advanced Kawi said they might see a unit or two as early as late December, but I'm pretty skeptical about that (they seemed to be as well).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Well I plan on buying one on my 21st B-day- Thats March 22nd! Shit if I can get it earlier, might as well!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by hextavo
Well I plan on buying one on my 21st B-day- Thats March 22nd! Shit if I can get it earlier, might as well!
Hell of a birthday present. Good luck with that. =) My birthday present to myself is a yearly trip to Laguna Seca for MotoGP (it's held on the weekend of my birthday). I'll probably have about $6k saved up by the end of February or early March, then I sell the 636 (or trade it in) and pick up the new baby. =)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
called a couple dealers here in so cal. one said jan/feb, the other said march. looks like i'll have to wait a while.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by hextavo
Hell yeah looks like I'll get my baby then go get plastered! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Hopefully you'll tuck her in before that second part. That'd be bad.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Local dealer told me end of this year...then another local dealer told me first quarter next year which seems to be more likely.

Can't wait...I'll definately have my name down for one...as long as the reviews are good. I don't think Kawi will let us down.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Hrm I'm in california and I've heard november was the release date from 3 different dealears.

Really want one but the tail lights being ont he fender is a BAD idea. I sure hope the aftermarket comes up with something

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Rivetgeek
Hrm I'm in california and I've heard november was the release date from 3 different dealears.

Really want one but the tail lights being ont he fender is a BAD idea. I sure hope the aftermarket comes up with something

I'm in Southern CA too. which dealers told you November? I was told Feb-late March by delamo motorsports and oc mototsports.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Hollywood kawasaki and whittier fun center told me mid-late november and then some other place I called in pomona or something.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.