Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a new rider. Been riding 4 months and loving it. Bought a 2007 zx6r with 4700 miles on it. DynoJet power commander, Jardines carbon exhaust. I've run into some issues.

Won't start. replaced the battery(the previous owner had the wrong battery in it and did not use the square nuts that come with the bolts to hook up the battery terminals. Also had two wires hooked up to the batter for a future lighter socket, and these were poorly hooked up. wire looked a little burnt)

So battery is replaced with the proper battery and i'm still just hearing the same "click" from the starter solenoid.

How can I push-start it? I can't get the bike in 2nd gear to be able to do it. Any way to get it into 2nd while it's off? or any other better ideas? I figure if I can push-start it, then it has to be either the solenoid, starter, or stater.

any help would be great

·
Registered
228 Posts
If I push start mine, I use first gear. There's 2 ways to do it, beginner and experienced.

Beginner: Stand on the left side, drop it into first, place both hands on the grips, pull in the clutch, run beside it (pushing it along), when you've got some momentum, engage the starter (hold it in), then release the clutch smoothly, still cranking the starter and continuing to push it along. As soon as it starts, pull in the clutch and apply the brake to come to a stop. Put the kick stand down, inspect to make sure all is well.

Experienced: Once you have a feel for it, do the same as above except jump on, pop the clutch and start it all in one motion and ride off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I will try again this morning. Yesterday I even put my gf on the back for extra weight and had a friend push. The rear tire just slides along the pavement. Tried that and jumping down on the bike. I'll just keep trying.

So there's no way to get it into 2nd while it's off?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts