Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, in a nut shell, my bike has just over 1000km on it and has never been layed down. A few nights ago late last week, I was out and about and came back to my bike to get it started and my cluster was flickering along with the back breaks. The bike would not start unless I kept the keyed turn to the "ON" reading for over a minute then it would allow me to start it. They bike's cluster was rebooting itself while riding and going from it's rpms and km'h back to zero and going back to where they were at my regular speed.

Now the bike is not flickering too much but the bike keeps stalling when I do not keep revs high. I had the battery tested and it is perfectly fine, volts running at 12.9v.

What the hell should I do now? I'm guessing basically removing all the fairings and following every single wire to see if it's frayed? How exactly do I tell if it's shorted, etc? I am all new to this and it's difficult and frustrating but I need this fixed!! Great weather is here finally in Canada haha

· Registered
338 Posts
If you had the battery tested while the big is running thats not gonna tell you much.. Sounds like a bad battery to me

· Registered
4 Posts
Did you find the solution? I experienced the same this morning. I rode back home to take my car. Now back home the bike won't start... Cluster comes on, battery is fine but when i press start just a strange noise but no start...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.