Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm going to be buying me first bike by march of next year. I'm wanting a 07' ZZR600. I was having a little trouble finding aftermarket parts for it until I found out that it was the same bike as the 2000-2002 ZX6-R. What I wish to know is if there are any ZX6-R parts that cannot be put on the ZZR600.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Nope, every single part will fit, the paint might not match though :D

The main visual part that is different on them, is the fairing stay. On the 00-02 6R's you can see this metal cage coming from the mirrors, over the clipons (handlebars) and down to the frame.
On the ZZR's they made this go flush along the upper fairing so you don't see it, but it attaches the same, they are interchangable.

·
Registered
474 Posts
greenenvy is mostly correct.. the 00-02 have a seperate fairing stay and guage cluster bracket.. on the zzr the one bracket/stay serves both functions... i have the zzr stay on my 01.. previous owner put it on...

·
Registered
474 Posts
oh, one other thing is i think one company is making a different jet kit for it... as in it has a different part number... never compared part contents from the two kits, and im not even sure this is really true, but its something to consider/research. think it was dynojet or factory...

·
Registered
164 Posts
dynojet makes a separate kit for the 00-02 zx and 05-06 zzr the parts list for the kits is basically the same but the zzr kit has larger jet sizes. Dont know why they did this as every other jet kit company uses the same kit for both apps.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The only thing I have encountered is a two brothers exhaust. They had one at my dealership that was scratched and were selling dirt cheap (I had already had my heart set on the Blueflame though). They said they had tried to bolt it up to a ZZR600 on the showroom floor but it wouldn't fit as the exhaust header was too far beyond the flange and would have to be cut (the inside of the TB can wasn't "deep" enough). Other than that... My Blueflame is for a 00'02 ZX6-R....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by Raven300ZX
Hello, I'm going to be buying me first bike by march of next year. I'm wanting a 07' ZZR600. I was having a little trouble finding aftermarket parts for it until I found out that it was the same bike as the 2000-2002 ZX6-R. What I wish to know is if there are any ZX6-R parts that cannot be put on the ZZR600.
Here's the latest list of items I have installed on my 2006 ZZR600.

1) Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless Steel Oval Bolt-On
2) Pyramid Carbon Fiber Hugger Fender
3) Grip Puppies from California Sport Touring
4) HVMP 13.9 oz Polished Stainless Steel Bar Ends
5) ThrottleRocker (Greatest piece of plastic ever invented)
6) Carbon Fiber Brake and Clutch Levers
7) MagKnight Magnetic Carbon Fiber Tank Protector
8) Polished Billet Frame Sliders
9) Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
10)Chrome Brake Reservoir Caps front and rear
11)Zero Gravity Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
12) Gorilla Cycle Alarm
13) Battery Tender plug-in
14) LED Brake Lights
15) Lockhart Phillips 10 MM Swing Arm Spools
16) SW-MOTECH Mirror Extenders
17) Xenon Quartz Cyber White headlight bulbs XQ-H4WPK
18) Center light bulb Xenon Lightning Whiter 12V5W XL-194WK
19) Special Production MRA Vario Touring Windscreen
20) MOTOTECK paint matched undertail with intergrated LED amber turn signals with clear lenses.
21) MOTOTECK Flush line front turn signals with amber LED's and clear lenses.
22) LUIMOTO Carbon Fiber seat covers for the front and back seats.
23) Goodridge Stainless Steel Front and Rear Brake Lines.
24) Cox Racing Radiator Grill.
25) Carbon Works Carbon Fiber Front Fender Side Covers.
26) Pyramid Paint Matched Rear Seat Cowl.
27) Pyramid Fenda Extenda for Front Fender.
28) LED turn signals and brake lights in my passenger foot pegs.
29) Tech Mount Kawasaki M-Stand # 20992 for radar detector.
30) 12 Volt power cord with cigarette style plug-in
31) Traffic Light Trigger
32) K&N Air Filter
33) Shimmed Carb Needles
34) TriboSeat Cover on passenger seat
35) Michelin Pilot Power Tires

·
Registered
840 Posts
Originally posted by jealous57
The only thing I have encountered is a two brothers exhaust. They had one at my dealership that was scratched and were selling dirt cheap (I had already had my heart set on the Blueflame though). They said they had tried to bolt it up to a ZZR600 on the showroom floor but it wouldn't fit as the exhaust header was too far beyond the flange and would have to be cut (the inside of the TB can wasn't "deep" enough). Other than that... My Blueflame is for a 00'02 ZX6-R....
I have the Two Bros titanium pipe. I had to cut about 2" off of the midpipe/header to fit it inside the can. The directions that came with the can said you would have to do that, so it wasn't unexpected.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I ordered an Akro bolt-on for an '02 and it worked perfectly. I know someone on here put that they have a 2006 "2002 ZX-6R". Same bike, and costs less than it did in '02 :D. Score one for Kawasaki! Can't wait 'til they "recycle" the ZX-10 [:p]. (wishful thinking)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by whichoneistheclutch
hey zzrocket could you give me a list of web sites to get this crap at. My buddy has a zzr and cant find shit for it.
Thanks
Most everything I purchased for ZZR was for a 98-02 ZX6R. Is there anything in particular that your buddy is interested in? The crap that you are refering to took me along time to find. Doesn't your friend know how to use Google?

·
Registered
181 Posts
shoot..im looken for the trafic light triger...the radar detector(one that works cuz some dont and some hardly work)..and the M-stand...were exactly does the M-stand mount to??..??

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by DanielsZZr6
shoot..im looken for the trafic light triger...the radar detector(one that works cuz some dont and some hardly work)..and the M-stand...were exactly does the M-stand mount to??..??
The search feature of this forum does work. Also click on my screen name and then click on find all posts by ZZRrocket for info I have posted here in the past. I don't mind helping but I'm not re-posting info that I have already posted previously.

http://www.greenlightstuff.com/trigger.html

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/accessories/motorcycles/mounts/fairing-mounts.asp

The M-stand #20992 mounts to your upper front faring in place of one the 10mm acorn nuts that holds the mirror in place.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by cadi197
Hey Rocket, does that green light trigger thingy actually work?
Yes, before installed it I would find myself depending on cagers to trip the light for me. Now I just pull up and wait like I'm in a car.

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Damn I was wondering why I could not get a green light at some intersections. I will order this tonight.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny Random
Damn I was wondering why I could not get a green light at some intersections. I will order this tonight.

Thanks
Your welcome. The product has been around for some time now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do the 00-02 Zx-6R risers fit also? I've looked at a few pics, but couldn't tell. A couple of sites I contacted (other than convertibars) say they don't have any for the 2006 ZZR600, but have listings for the 00-02 ZX-6R.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by Nancy
Do the 00-02 Zx-6R risers fit also? I've looked at a few pics, but couldn't tell. A couple of sites I contacted (other than convertibars) say they don't have any for the 2006 ZZR600, but have listings for the 00-02 ZX-6R.
They should fit. Call the company and make them do the leg work. If they want a sale they will make sure that they fit properly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.