Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
hickman71, looks like you got yourself a nice little sport-touring setup there! What tail & saddle bags are those, and how much? My riding buddy and I are looking into making some longer rides, but I'd like to be able to carry more than, and be more comfortable than, wearing a backpack... Thanks for your input!

Chillly

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Does anyone know the colors for CANADA...i was told that the colors may very..wont know officialy for another couple of weeks

·
Registered
143 Posts
I baught an elastic net that clip just under the edge of the seat, then I wrap it around my back pack, and finally clip the rest of the net under the fender on the bolt behind my license plate.....I have a fender eliminator kit, but it will also work well with the stock fender..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hickman71, how's the fuel range for your traveling? One of my disapointments with the 650R is its 4.1 tank. That thing should have Kawasaki's 4.8 tank at least like they have on several other of their models. How many miles average can you go before the light comes on??? Thank you!

·
Registered
245 Posts
My fuel light usually comes on at 160-175 miles, which is about 0.7-0.8 gal left.

I've had my '07 650R for four months and have about 2,000 miles on it. I'm consistently getting 47-49 for in-town/expressway driving. On the highway I'm getting 51-53mpg. My highest has been 57mpg on a trip where I was cruising at a leisurely 60mph.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, 170ish miles doesn't seem too bad when you think about it. I guess it's been said that Kawasaki's reasoning for the tank size is to make it narrower, to allow for shorter riders to get their legs closer together thus the feet closer to the ground. Doesn't sound like too bad a range for a "tourer." Most of the time, a fella needs to get some circulation back into thee ol' backside by then anyway...[xx(]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.