Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, how much better is the new 10 than the 06/07? What do you guys at Advanced say? Is it worth it? I probably should have searched but I am at work and do not have time, thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
never owned the 07 but my neighbor has the 06 zx10r and after driving mine a few times he went and made the upgrade himself, said it felt like a whole different bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
go with the new model, awesome bike, or you could wait another year or so and see if they change it again ???

·
Registered
75 Posts
go with the new model, awesome bike, or you could wait another year or so and see if they change it again ???
Agreed. Just wait for the 2010 10R it'll probably be even better. Worst case scenario you don't like it and pick up a "old" 08/09 model at a reduced price.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
would NEVER Buy a 06/07 just does nothing for me and dont like anything about it but the dash panel.
The 08/09 like the performance aspect but hate the looks and the way it feels while on it and they are out there cheap, like $8800 NEW minus taxes
The 04/05 does it all once you set-up the suspension and address the shit brakes.
I am curious to see if kawi does much with the bike in 2010, being they are cutting back on spending and the bike has not had much for sales sucess, as evident by ebay the world over.
kinda like the 06/07's that are still cluttering up showrooms across america

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I had an 06 which I liked, but the 08 is a better machine all around and also looks better IMO. To me, it's worth the upgrade, especially considering how cheaply you can get a new 08 for these days.

Whether you should switch or not depends on you and the type of riding you do. Are you a racer or do a lot of track days? If so, then the advantages of the 08 might be worth the extra cash for the upgrade. The new bike is a better platform to start off with to make a race bike.

If you are just a street rider, then I'd say save your money and keep the 07. It is more than capable of handling anything you encounter on the street, and then some. You won't be able to notice the 08's advantages on the street unless you are riding like a maniac, in which case you are going to need that extra money for tickets, bail money, hospital bills, and eventually funeral expenses.

But I guess if you are the type of guy who just like to have the latest and hottest technology, regardless whether you are capable of or even willing to actually use it (like me :D) then go for it. The most important consideration with any of these toys is to get what makes you happy. Sometimes you just have to throw logic to the wind and sign on the dotted line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts