Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at trading my SV650S for a 2008 Concours 14 ABS...

Dealer list down here is $16,999.00 Canadian...

Fair price?

Should I wait till spring 09 for new model?

Are bikes cheaper when the snow falls?

Help...

(Hope someone out there has this bike so I can pick your brain)...

·
Registered
143 Posts
They should be prepared to drop the price to clear it out being a 2008. When I bought my zx6r in august, they were blowing it out for 9800 and I talked them down to 9k.

·
Registered
429 Posts
They should be prepared to drop the price to clear it out being a 2008. When I bought my zx6r in august, they were blowing it out for 9800 and I talked them down to 9k.
Damn, you are lucky. All dealers in Ontario would not budge past 11500 for an '08 ZX-6R when I bought in June (28). So I bought mine in USA for 9000 OTD, plus the dealer I bought from is sooo much nicer and easier to deal with than the uptight asses around me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ya, I was pretty certian that I was going to buy my bike in washinton...but when I talked them into 9k for my ninja, it ended up being cheaper than buying one in the states and importing it and all the other BS that im sure you are aware of.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I actually ran into the sales man about a month later and he remembered me, and told me they actually lost 200 dollars on the deal (their cost i guess) but he said it was worth it because the Interest was pilling up quick on it lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
LOL, nice. I wish the dealers in Ontario were that willing to sell the bikes and not try to shaft me as bad as they were. After everything is said and done I got my '08 for just slightly over 10K and it is 2K cheaper than buying from one of the local douche bag dealers, lol. Best part of all, I had a very nice scenic view on my ride back home to Canada from USA.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What exactly did you do to your stock exhaust, polish eagle? Id be curious to hear how it sounds.
I cant see myself forking over 7 or 8 hundo for a muffler LOL

·
Registered
429 Posts
What exactly did you do to your stock exhaust, polish eagle? Id be curious to hear how it sounds.
I cant see myself forking over 7 or 8 hundo for a muffler LOL
Here's the post that made me do it, http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=117162

Basically you just cut the tips off then remove the last wall in the muffler making it a straight through exhaust, and it sounds really loud and nice.. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts