Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my bike serviced today. 11,500 miles on her so far since purchased in January. My mechanic tells me that I have the infamous valve cover oil leak. I guess 08's have the same issue-great.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Had my bike serviced today. 11,500 miles on her so far since purchased in January. My mechanic tells me that I have the infamous valve cover oil leak. I guess 08's have the same issue-great.
Did your bike start making any louder noise or anything? I think mine might have an oil leak since it's been getting louder and louder.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Mine is an 08 (made 01/08), and started leaking around 6000km, I'm at 10,000km and monitoring it, hasn't gotten worse, but don't want to bring it in until the end of the season since they said they would probably have it in the shop for a least a couple of weeks!:eek: So, yeah, the 08's are effected as well, and no, mine didn't get any louder, but Kawi's are typically loud anyway.....these things are'nt Honduhs...........LOL.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sigh...always tought 08' was problem-free...I mean major problem

Any other bikes do come with problem..the only question whether major or minor problem

Oil leak is something major :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't noticed any abnormal noise except for some chatter when I take her above 10k rpm. Pretty sure I just need my valves adjusted and an oil change. The dealership said they have the part on order for me and it should arrive within the week, I'll post up how long the repair takes once I get it taken care of.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
i have an 07 and iv taken it in THREE times to get new head gaskets cuz the bastard keeps leaking onto the left fairing

you might have a better time if you have them change out the valve cover gasket NOT the head gasket. since the valve cover gasket is what is known to leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts