Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked everywhere on this forum but couldn't find any links. Would a 2008 frame work on a 2009 zx6r? Any input would help out a lot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1 Ninjabadger4 .. also, if you dont mind my asking... if it were possible... why would you want to do that?

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I'm not. I was told that the main frame would fit but everything else won't match up.
Re-read what you typed there. Does that make any sense? What would the frame "fit" to if nothing else matches up? Are you referring to the fairngs or something? The swingarm alone won't fit, and I'm reasonably sure you couldn't even get the triple trees to swap over.

What is it you are trying to accomplish or are thinking of trying? There's a ton of info on this site, so please, enlighten us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
two6ryder... as I was saying... " if " as in hypothetically... if you were able to do the swap, why would you want to do it ?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no intention of doing this. According the the person, he was able to mount the 09 motor into the 08 frame. The swing arm does not fit, but according to him. if you cut off the ball at the end, it should fit. He is in the process of installing a gsxr 750 front end on the 08 frame....... I'm just wondering if it is possible. I know the frame was completely redesigned but unsure if the motor mounts stayed the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
we'll from the other responses it isnt possbile.. but you found a guy that attempting it... did he say why? is there something about the 08 frames he finds superior to the 09 frame? or is it just an experiment using junk parts that he has on hand... Thats all I'm asking...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He had an 08 frame laying around and his 09 frame was fracked up so he swapped out the frame. I am checking it out this weekend.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Oh ok, this makes sense now. Dude had a frame and decided to build a bike. :thumbup: I'm on the same page now. I love custom built shit with components from multiple bikes. I've got ZX6R parts from every model for the last ten years on my ZZR. LOL. I even have the complete front braking system off of an 09 CBR600RR with 05/06 ZX6R braided lines.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly. He got in a wreck, found out the frame was tweaked and threw on the 08 frame. He said that it works, it's just making the parts work and mesh together. I might buy the bike off of him and re-do it and build it back up to a track bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts