Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my beloved 2008 black ninja 250 was stolen in knoxville tennessee, I have gone all around town looking for it and posting fliers. I have filed a police report, but they somehow don't seem like they care. I have also checked my insurance policy and even though they are charging me an abnormal amount, theft is not covered. I would be extremely grateful if anyone is looking around on ebay or craigs list or something of that nature and comes across a black 2008 Ninja 250 with scratches on the front right, flush mount front turn signals (found on this site), a nice finder chop(thanks diy from this site), and it might list possible oil leak but i fixed that thanks to the amazing users of this site. I know the people on this forum are the BEST of the bike world as shown by the info on kawi forums. But if anyone sees or hears about anything my e-mail is [email protected] or post it on here. Thanks you guys(and girls) for helping me so much with the bike that was probably was harder to find than the two summers i worked to buy it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope you find it. I always look at craigslist for the westcoast. If I was to find anything similar I'll email you hehe. Sry about the bike. Hope it wasn't stolen while at work or something\\.

·
Registered
25 Posts
dude that sucks! hope you get your bike back. if you have pictures as detailed as possible it might help. incase your theif decides to take some and post it to sell. we can have a reference from you to compare it to.

good luck and hope you find your bike safe and sound.

·
Registered
15 Posts
that does suck the big one man. Thieves should be killed on the spot :mad: . . no waiting to be locked up and take up more tax dollars, just take out the low lives and get on with life.

anyway, have you contacted ALL dealerships with-in about a 500 mile radius? I would do this because they will probably have to get a key made, talk to someone at the dealer and e-mail them a picture of the bike, give specifics. tell them to look out for a "non factory" color, because its easy to spray the bike so they can claim its their own. also post the picture on any and all kawasaki forums you can, again listing the unique details. you might want to post up a WTB (want to buy) thread in your local craigslist and maybe they will be dumb enough to contact you and try to sell you your bike. (thieves are not a very smart breed) ;) good luck, and tell your insurance company they suck donkey balls.

-mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. when i had my car stolen last year, at first the cops didn't care much either. so like you, i had to get out and beat the streets myself. this included talking to cops all over town on the street asking them to be on the look out and i even ran across one cop that said he saw my car cruising. finally the cops listed it as stolen.....i also had to pay some people, money talks. took a handful of $20 hit the streets, bars, clubs. made a lot of phone calls, too. all of this put a lot of pressure on the thief and he was caught by police in just a few days. car stolen on friday, police nabbed him on a traffic stop on sunday, recovered my undamaged car at the impound lot on monday. good luck with finding your bike, i learn a lot from this theft, now i am ready if someone tries to steal my bike or car. ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
sry to hear about ur bike man. Hope everything works out. Make sure tell as many people ad possible to look out for ur bike. I'll search around too. Best of luck.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
sorry to hear.

maybe everyone who reads this will double check their insurance policies

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Holy shit that blows! You're not covered for theft? That is awful. I'm covered for everything just because I know how easy it is for a bike to disappear into the night. I had a Katana 600 years ago and thieves ran a screw through the ignition on 3 separate occasions trying to steal it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
WTF, not covered. That's insane. Looks to me like it's time to change insurance company. Sorry to hear you lost your bike. Hope you get it back. When I bought my bike, I bought these stickers that you put on your frame and such and it etches numbers that can be seen under a black light. Cops are supposed to check these numbers when people get pulled over and something smells fishy. If the bike is not found in 30 days I get 5 grand plus what ever the insurance covers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hate reading stuff like this....it's just ridiculous...

There are two things in life that piss me off more then anything. Thievery and Vandalism. A person works too hard for their possessions to have some low life asshole take or destroy their stuff.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Just reading this thread pissed me off. I wish I lived near your area so that I could keep an eye out for you, but S Florida is a bit far away. I really hope you find you bike and the asshole that took it gets caught.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys i am in the phone calling all the dealerships. Earlier this morning I went to all the autozone and pep boy type places posting information, but the dealerships is a really good idea

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It's probably not covered because he went cheap - Liability only.

Get full coverage!!! Stop being so cheap! And sorry for your loss but bike theft is and has always been high.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your bike. My dads 2008 navigator was stolen out of our driveway fortunately he had Lojack on it. Also my laptop was stolen I had Lojack on it as well so I know how it feels to have something that you work your ass off for to just be gone. Both thankfully were recovered within 36 hours thanks to Lojack and the semi-helpful cops, If you do decide to get another bike or even better come across yours again I would definitely recommend Lojack for motorcycles. Good luck in your search I'll keep an eye out on CL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have never had people just basicly tell me that they don't care. i went and talked to the police, they told me to go talk to the sheriffs, they told me to talk to the police, who then just said screw off. I had full coverage, not only if some hits me but if i hit someone, theft, and if its pushed over i pay 1,000 a year for insurance. The insurence company CANCELED my policy, a law suit against them will be filed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts