Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I recently had to avoid hitting a dog. I swerved on to the side of the road and hit two curbs. I curbed the rims front and back. My rear I can find on ebay no problem. But their are no front rims available to purchase.

I have read that the first generation rims will not work on my bike. Something to do with shims or some other (read on the z1000 forum) and unknown if the bolt pattern is the same.

On that note I was wondering if there are any other models of Kawasaki that could possibly share the same rim.

Also, (sorry if incorrect to ask on this) is anyone selling a front rim for a 2007-2009 Kawasaki z1000. Would be much appreciated

If anyone could give specs on what is different from 1st gen to second gen rims please do. Thank you all have a wonderful day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Mate
I came here looking for info for my er6 project because z1000 forks fit on my bike. What i found was that the 2010 er6 wheel and 2012 wheel are basically the same as they use the same bearings. The way i found that out is that i went to the all balls racing site and checked the part numbers. It’s no guarantee but its a start? I recommend looking at the 650r fork swap pages there’d be other clues there. Good luck!

Edit .... also brake disc part numbers are also an indicator that they’re the same. SPacers from the z1000 would be different to er6 because upside down vs conventiona forks etc but you already have those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts