Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started drag racing the 08ZX10... I find as soon as I try launch it hard(8000 rpm and above), the bike "dies" then jumps back to life again.... the local tuner says he's removed the traction control by installing a kill box for the DJ quick shifter. Some one else suggests I install a launch control box? The local tuner thinks I need to do a clutch mod cos he feels the clutch is "locking" as he said he opened up and noticed the clutch plates were bone dry....

Any suggestions?! anybody?! :buzzsaw:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I started drag racing the 08ZX10... I find as soon as I try launch it hard(8000 rpm and above), the bike "dies" then jumps back to life again.... the local tuner says he's removed the traction control by installing a kill box for the DJ quick shifter. Some one else suggests I install a launch control box? The local tuner thinks I need to do a clutch mod cos he feels the clutch is "locking" as he said he opened up and noticed the clutch plates were bone dry....

Any suggestions?! anybody?! :buzzsaw:
for fucks sake will someone please give this guy some good advice

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
for fucks sake will someone please give this guy some good advice
Here some good advice...POST THIS SHIT IN THE DRAG RACING FORUM!

That's what it's there for. O.P. - You haven't listed your mods (if any), how can anyone help you. Your best bet is to go back to your "tuner" and ask them what the fuck they did to your bike and explain the procedure clearly. Hopefully it is still under warrenty.

What traction control was removed? Did your bike come with wheel speed sensors in the front and rear?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here some good advice...POST THIS SHIT IN THE DRAG RACING FORUM!

That's what it's there for. O.P. - You haven't listed your mods (if any), how can anyone help you. Your best bet is to go back to your "tuner" and ask them what the fuck they did to your bike and explain the procedure clearly. Hopefully it is still under warrenty.

What traction control was removed? Did your bike come with wheel speed sensors in the front and rear?
Your P U S S!! All i did was ask for advice NICELY... If u can't help, then rather say u don't know what the fuck 2do. I posted my ? in the Zx10 section (cos my bike is a "Zx10".... and I did post the ? in the "Drags" forum as well....

I did'nt need your rude reply.... :mad:

By the way... stop spending your bucks on your Turbo ZX6, and buy a ZX10... oh, furthermore... did you realize you posting in the ZX10R forum... stay the fuck out, if you can't comment decently...

( Sorry 4 my bad reply guys, but rude ppl like this, is what stuffs up new guests coming onto this forum)... Sad!! By the way... i sorted the problem out....

IF ANYBODY NEEDS HELP WITH THAT(Traction Control), I have the answer.... It's long re-wiring process....

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Your P U S S!! All i did was ask for advice NICELY... If u can't help, then rather say u don't know what the fuck 2do. I posted my ? in the Zx10 section (cos my bike is a "Zx10".... and I did post the ? in the "Drags" forum as well....

I did'nt need your rude reply.... :mad:

By the way... stop spending your bucks on your Turbo ZX6, and buy a ZX10... oh, furthermore... did you realize you posting in the ZX10R forum... stay the fuck out, if you can't comment decently...

( Sorry 4 my bad reply guys, but rude ppl like this, is what stuffs up new guests coming onto this forum)... Sad!! By the way... i sorted the problem out....

IF ANYBODY NEEDS HELP WITH THAT(Traction Control), I have the answer.... It's long re-wiring process....
Are you high or what? You fail at spelling and sentence structure, as well as posting in relevant forums.

I built a 1-off turbo system in my garage 2 years ago for less than what you would spend on a full exhaust system. I don't continue to spend money on it. BTW, my bike is a ZX-6R not a ZX-6. Learn the difference.

Your bike does not have traction control (in the traditional sense)

Your=posession
You're=You are

Your puss=A puss that you own
You're a puss=You are a puss(y)

FYI

Reactions: whitehendrix

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
not to attack or pick sides, but tough-guy is one of the smartest motherfuckers i've seen with this kind of shit (next to myself, of course) :D

his nature, it seems sir, is to be firm and informative and the same time. i do belive he was "firm" with me about a turbo post a long, long time ago.. ;)
(the "log" style manifold.. lol.. i don't know how the fuck i remember that..)

glad tho that you've gotten the problem fixed!!

maybe a how-to is in order i hope? always good to learn new shit. and welcome to KF!!

lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
kind of the same

Juice,

I have a similar problem during acceleration. It cuts out around 7k in any gear. I have a 07 zx10r with no mods. The dealer "cannot find anything wrong with it", I have replaced the air filter, spark plugs and the kickstand switch. Thought I would start with the cheaper fixes before any real money is spent finding the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to attack or pick sides, but tough-guy is one of the smartest motherfuckers i've seen with this kind of shit (next to myself, of course) :D

his nature, it seems sir, is to be firm and informative and the same time. i do belive he was "firm" with me about a turbo post a long, long time ago.. ;)

maybe a how-to is in order i hope? always good to learn new shit. and welcome to KF!!

lol
Thanks for that dude...

I don't think I should "watch" my spelling,etc. I mean i'm using a PC, guess i'm literate enough hey.. lol

Maybe I don't know everybody and the way they "behave" , guess I re-acted a bit harsh myself. At the end of the day we are in a Kawi forum trying 2 help each other where we can....

i'm getting used to this new beast of mine. At top end i'm getting 307Km/h(GPS -True reading) in sixth gear - rev limiter.... i'm still busy with more mods. will keep you posted.... :buzzsaw:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Juice,

I have a similar problem during acceleration. It cuts out around 7k in any gear. I have a 07 zx10r with no mods. The dealer "cannot find anything wrong with it", I have replaced the air filter, spark plugs and the kickstand switch. Thought I would start with the cheaper fixes before any real money is spent finding the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
:confused:
I'm not too familar with the 07 model, but I heard they had clutch problems, where the bike "feels" like it's cutting out(not saying this is def your problem tho). Some guys are using the 05 model ZX10 clutch plates on your model.... works perfect. I've eliminated my traction control but had to by pass the kill switch, BUT then again that was for hard launching purposes, track riding would be perfect the way it is.... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

lol
LOL! becareful u don't get nabbed for saying you belive instead of "believe" :)

Jus kidding man... i hear you. Let's not waste our time on petty conversations like grammar and get onto better subjects like BIKES, esp ZX's pro's and cons.

Shawt... i'm getting the fuck out>>> :D

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Will someone please elaborate on this elusive "traction control" system everyone keeps talking about?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
its called KIMMS, and it dectects a rise in RPM when not in wot, and the clutch is fully engaged, and retards the timing to control wheelspin. it is not active when slipping the clutch or wot. i have a problem with mine bogging off the line below 4500 rpm when launching if i dont get it just right, and it 12 o clocking if i launch hard and slipp the clutch too long causing it to grab. this bike is very tempermental at the drag strip. i have over 35 passes on mine and am still finding the right rpm to launch at for me.

Reactions: whitehendrix

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its called KIMMS, and it dectects a rise in RPM when not in wot, and the clutch is fully engaged, and retards the timing to control wheelspin. it is not active when slipping the clutch or wot. i have a problem with mine bogging off the line below 4500 rpm when launching if i dont get it just right, and it 12 o clocking if i launch hard and slipp the clutch too long causing it to grab. this bike is very tempermental at the drag strip. i have over 35 passes on mine and am still finding the right rpm to launch at for me.
Thanks for that AZZKKER... have you thought of a TRE? Do you think it might help?! (Timing Retard Eliminator) Otherwise I hear what you say when you have to get the "right" launch....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for that AZZKKER... have you thought of a TRE? Do you think it might help?! (Timing Retard Eliminator) Otherwise I hear what you say when you have to get the "right" launch....
i have thought about the tre from haltech as there is a group buy going on zx-10r.net right now though the middle of december, but i just dropped 540 on a new denon avr-988 suround sound receiver that i couldnt pass up. once i get a little money set aside i might buy one if the deals still going. i gess is really smooths out the throttle response in the first 3 gears from what ive read. i think the one from haltech keeps the factory gear postion meter working as well wich is a must for me as once you get used to having one its hell to ride without one. thats the only thing i hate when i jump on my 03 636 after riding the 10r, that and the lack of power when compared to the 10 :D

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
479 Posts
have you tried to remove the secondaries. They might be cause you some problems since the computer opens them slower then you can open the throttle at the lower rpms. If you are unsteady with the rpms espesially when you start to slip the clutch which can lower your rpms and make the secondaries start to close back off and then open back up slowely thus, causing a boging problem. Try removing them, it's a must when drag racing and it's free.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
its called KIMMS, and it dectects a rise in RPM when not in wot, and the clutch is fully engaged, and retards the timing to control wheelspin. it is not active when slipping the clutch or wot.
I would hardly call that traction control. In fact, I'd call that a safety feature with a traction control affect as a by-product. If there were to be a chain, clutch, or other final drive failure, the system would keep the engine from over-reving itself. As a method of wheel-spin counter-action, that isn't the best method of controlling wheel-spin as there has to be a signifficant amount of wheel spin for the ECU to react.

Real traction control involves wheel speed sensors that are measured and compared by the ECU (or a dedicated computer) to actuate a limited slip differential or reduce drive-train power via ignition, fuel, boost limiting, or a combination of factors.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
have you tried to remove the secondaries. They might be cause you some problems since the computer opens them slower then you can open the throttle at the lower rpms. If you are unsteady with the rpms espesially when you start to slip the clutch which can lower your rpms and make the secondaries start to close back off and then open back up slowely thus, causing a boging problem. Try removing them, it's a must when drag racing and it's free.
i have decided against removing the secondaries at least untill i get a bazzaz unit as the throttle is not as smooth with them out from the couple i have ridden without them and a tune for it, and i ride my bike on the street to much to fuck up the drivability. i have a little over 10,100 miles on mine right now and i love the bike for the street.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would hardly call that traction control. In fact, I'd call that a safety feature with a traction control affect as a by-product. If there were to be a chain, clutch, or other final drive failure, the system would keep the engine from over-reving itself. As a method of wheel-spin counter-action, that isn't the best method of controlling wheel-spin as there has to be a signifficant amount of wheel spin for the ECU to react.

Real traction control involves wheel speed sensors that are measured and compared by the ECU (or a dedicated computer) to actuate a limited slip differential or reduce drive-train power via ignition, fuel, boost limiting, or a combination of factors.
i know its not real traction control but its the closest thing thas out there besides ducati, and it does what its suppose to. also, if you break a chain the rev limiter is what keeps the engine from overreving. regardless, its on the bike and its something that we have to deal with.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
i know its not real traction control but its the closest thing thas out there besides ducati, and it does what its suppose to. also, if you break a chain the rev limiter is what keeps the engine from overreving. regardless, its on the bike and its something that we have to deal with.
I see your point and I agree it is a feature that is cheap to produce and may do what it is designed to, I'm just not that comfortable with it being called "traction Control".
Thank you for your explanation however, all this TC talk had me backwards and up-side down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have thought about the tre from haltech as there is a group buy going on zx-10r.net right now though the middle of december, but i just dropped 540 on a new denon avr-988 suround sound receiver that i couldnt pass up. once i get a little money set aside i might buy one if the deals still going. i gess is really smooths out the throttle response in the first 3 gears from what ive read. i think the one from haltech keeps the factory gear postion meter working as well wich is a must for me as once you get used to having one its hell to ride without one. thats the only thing i hate when i jump on my 03 636 after riding the 10r, that and the lack of power when compared to the 10 :D

thanks
anthony
It's called a X-TRE cause you can retain the factory GPI to work normally. You can also choose to select bet 4th,5th or 6th gear(strongest gear), where as other TRE's force you to use 5th gear only.
I understand when you say "traction control" it's not actual TC but it's similar....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts