Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my buddy bought his a while back & the other night we traded, he took the 6'er & i took his for the night, i must say while the front end is still iffy to me the bike is pretty darn nice.

Comfort:The ergos are great, the bars aren't too slouched & not nearly as buzzy as the previous generation zx10's (but they still buzz a bit) the seat is HORRIBLE, although they designed this based on the track the seat should be a bit different, they stepped down to the honda level on seat comfort i must say.

Tranny: the transmission & slipper clutch on this bike is VERY smooth, up/down shifts are very positive & its that feeling that you KNOW your in the next gear, not to mention the bike has a gear indicator.

Power: well the magazines pretty much nailed that on the head, the thing is LOADED w/ power & its surprisingly very smooth, anything after 6k & you better be prepared for sure

Suspension: while we didn't set it for me (my buddy weighs bout 20lbs more than me) the bike felt pretty good in stock form, no rear jitters & the front absorbed quite a few bumps that my 636 doesn't do too well on, the bike turns in GREAT & feels great at lean, very smooth & responsive.

Brakes: w/o stainless lines these things are GREAT so i'm guessing w/ s/s lines they will be that much better, the initial bite on these things are awesome, you can feel the ass end get light w/ just a two finger pull on the #2 setting.

Tires: while they are not as bad as previous bridgestones the bt016 is DECENT, not great but decent, i rode it for well over 30 mins before we started to even dig & i still managed to get a lil bit of a slide from the front (i'll stick to my corsa III's)

now i didn't get a chance to try the "traction control" or so ppl like to think it is, when your WOT it basically doesn't exist, so no comments on that.. hope this was helpful ;)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Sliding the front on the street you truly are the man!
On the bridgestone tires i just dont get how people think they are are not that good?

Good write up, and seems to be the norm for the bike, i would love to ride one to get my own subjective rating on the bike compared to a modded 1st gen.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sliding the front on the street you truly are the man!
On the bridgestone tires i just dont get how people think they are are not that good?

Good write up, and seems to be the norm for the bike, i would love to ride one to get my own subjective rating on the bike compared to a modded 1st gen.
oh it was def an "oh shit" moment & me & my buddy laughed about it for a bit lol, you could see where the tire slid too, i would say they are better than most tires, but i'd put a 2ct up against it any day of the week, & def alot better than previous battlecraps :D , the bike honestly reminds me of the 04/05 zx10 but more refined, gobs of power & great handling

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Well that's a different review then the ones I've been reading...but I seriously can't see myself owning just a 1000cc, that would be so boring to be cruising in 2nd gear all day!

I too hate the bridgestones. They just don't give any feedback and it always feels like the tire is going to loose grip...I'm a michelin man forever!

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Performance-wise, they seem to be a hit. I rode around a "track" a few weeks ago with one and that thing looks agile

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Well that's a different review then the ones I've been reading...but I seriously can't see myself owning just a 1000cc, that would be so boring to be cruising in 2nd gear all day!

I too hate the bridgestones. They just don't give any feedback and it always feels like the tire is going to loose grip...I'm a michelin man forever!
Sorry I have to disagree, other way around man! Michelin's give zero feedback and just loose it, Bridgestone's are much better with feedback. yes other brands give better feedback but Michelin is at the bottom of the list imho. If they're good enough for Dingo and Rossi......

Nice writeup, I've been pretty sold on the 08/09 10r for some time now. Unless the 09 R1 looks like the M1, I'm probably gonna get it.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Performance-wise, they seem to be a hit. I rode around a "track" a few weeks ago with one and that thing looks agile
that they are, they flick very nice & the trasition's are effortless, the front end is all that really bothers me :(

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
What are your thoughts on the exhaust can? That's my sore spot, god i hate that thing.....

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are your thoughts on the exhaust can? That's my sore spot, god i hate that thing.....
oh that thing is definitely restricting alot of air flow, the thing has a cat, then a prechamber & then the exhaust can, i don't really pay much attention to that stuff when buying one because likely it will be the first thing to go :D

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
oh that thing is definitely restricting alot of air flow, the thing has a cat, then a prechamber & then the exhaust can, i don't really pay much attention to that stuff when buying one because likely it will be the first thing to go :D

I hear ya, in fact I'll probably have mine ordered before I pick the bike up! :D I'm gonna do a test ride of one at this years IMS which will be in nov.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
You guys do know that they make more than one Bridgestone tire right? All I hear is about how the Bridgestones suck. But that opinion is usually based on someone's experience with a single type of tire, most likely the stockers that came on the bike from the factory, and that's not really fair.

I agree that the stock stones that used to come on the 636 were pretty bad, but the stockers that came on the 07 were decent, and these btoo2 rs's that i'm using now are pretty damn good I think.

I still think the corsa III's are the best street/trackday tire out right now, but believe it or not, Bridgestone does make some good stuff. Don't be so quick to judge a whole brand unless you've sampled all of their products.

This comment isn't necessarily directed at anyone in this thread, just something I've noticed repeatedly when it comes to people's perception of tires and I felt I should address it.

Oh, and nice review JT. I can't wait to try out the new 10.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys do know that they make more than one Bridgestone tire right? All I hear is about how the Bridgestones suck. But that opinion is usually based on someone's experience with a single type of tire, most likely the stockers that came on the bike from the factory, and that's not really fair.

I agree that the stock stones that used to come on the 636 were pretty bad, but the stockers that came on the 07 were decent, and these btoo2 rs's that i'm using now are pretty damn good I think.

I still think the corsa III's are the best street/trackday tire out right now, but believe it or not, Bridgestone does make some good stuff. Don't be so quick to judge a whole brand unless you've sampled all of their products.

This comment isn't necessarily directed at anyone in this thread, just something I've noticed repeatedly when it comes to people's perception of tires and I felt I should address it.

Oh, and nice review JT. I can't wait to try out the new 10.
i agree for sure, the bt014's were donkey shit, i know its not the brand but just rather the tire that is on a particular bike, the 016's aren't great enough for me to buy them & i'm still waiting on your complete review on the 002's before i get a set :D

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts
It's silly, but the main problem I've always had with bridgestones is their model numbers. They don't go in performance order, and seem to be all across the board, almost at random. When there's like 10 different BT0?? tire types, I tend to just give up and go with a tire I know is just as good, but is a million times easier to make sure I get what I want.

·
Registered
719 Posts
hey guys, thought i'd chime in:

RE: the bt16's are OEM, they are different than what you get in the aftermarket, so hold your judgement on the true bt16s, they are better. Although, i gotta say, for a stocker, the oem 16's were great.

the exhaust can/system is really restrictive; i can't say enough about the handling, it really makes you feel like youre not on a bigger bike but you have all the advantages of the liter bike power!

I have not had any front end problems, i find it to be the most stable front end ever!!

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I like those racefit cans, how do they sound? And yeah I just stay away from bridgestone because I cant be bothered researching the 7 bazillion random # tyres they have...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have been wanting the 08 since it hit the showroom floor. I went to the dealer toaday and played the whole thing aloof, told them to run some numbers for me and see what they could offer. Told the guy that if I could get 11.5k or less OTD I might take it. He comes back 20 minutes later with 12.5K OTD and tells me that I have to pay shipping and setup:Laughing rolling:. So I grab my gear and tell him he's got my number call if he can get the numbers I want. So he follows me to the door BEGGING me to give him 3 more minutes to get a better deal, I told him that I dont play games and I told him what price I wanted in the first place and to call if he can match my number. SOOOO...... I get on my bike and throw my helmet on and gear up and the sales manger walks out and turns my key off:wtf::2up: and asks me "what is it going to take to get you in the bike today!" I truned the bike on and looked him in the eyes and told him he had my number, he should probably lose it now and rode off. I HATE DEALERSHIPS, have never found a good honest one ever.

·
Registered
206 Posts
BT002RS are great tires... on my second set after many years of running Michelin Pilot Powers & TX's tires.

I did run with some ex road racers a few weeks ago... there was a guy running Stock BT014's on his girls Gixxer 600 and he was keeping up with with the lead rider who was running slicks.

I've never used the 14's, but they didn't seem all that bike on that guys bike lol

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

Don't be so quick to judge a whole brand unless you've sampled all of their products.
+1

--David

1 - 20 of 28 Posts