Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyways,
I put a deposit down back in July at the local dealer. Paper said $3499 MSRP.
This was obviously before the $500 price increase.
I called the dealer today. Like everyone else, $500 was added on even if you put a deposit at $3500.
So I asked, how much would it be altogether?
He told me $5358 USD.

:buzzsaw:
Kinda annoyed at how the bike "was" $3500 and now it's $4000 MSRP.

So my total OTD is $5358.
$4000 MSRP
+ $310 TAX
--------------------
$4310 before dealer fees/etc.

So in my fees, there's a total of $1058 in fees?!?:eek:

Just wanted to know why it's that much. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
So anyways,
I put a deposit down back in July at the local dealer. Paper said $3499 MSRP.
This was obviously before the $500 price increase.
I called the dealer today. Like everyone else, $500 was added on even if you put a deposit at $3500.
So I asked, how much would it be altogether?
He told me $5358 USD.

:buzzsaw:
Kinda annoyed at how the bike "was" $3500 and now it's $4000 MSRP.

So my total OTD is $5358.
$4000 MSRP
+ $310 TAX
--------------------
$4310 before dealer fees/etc.

So in my fees, there's a total of $1058 in fees?!?:eek:

Just wanted to know why it's that much. Thanks for any info.

ask them to itemize the "fees" for you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
They have to make money while they can. I don't see it letting up either without Honda nor Yamaha confirming any competition. I count my blessings that I was able to find a used one for 3500. Feel sorry for others. Good luck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes they are ripping you off.

But given the fact that these bikes are so hot and so hard to get... if you don't pay that amount, some other person will.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
It's so expensive because most people allow the dealerships to punk them, so you're paying for it too. :)

If more people exercised their right to bargain or get up and walk to fuck out, the situation might be better.

Oh well. I got mine. :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
get your deposit back and buy used. Hard bargaining, I know, but you'll have the bike quicker and cheaper, that way.

There's a sucker born every minute, let 'em suck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah man, a little discipline to say no wouldn't hurt, but if you want it bad, $5K isn't so bad.

I unfortunately am not the few who sits high above the supply & demand curve so I don't mind waiting until I find it at a fair price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Because of the frenzy, a buyer must decide for themselves what is the max out the door price they would pay. The dealers are truely goughing the buyer's. The 250 while a fine bike is not worth unreasonable price bumps. I'm happy with mine but would never pay over $5000 OTD. The dealers won't change until the bikes are sitting on the showroom floor unsold. There are lots of used bikes out there that can be a bargain. I'd be looking for one in the used market if I was facing these unreasonable markups. Bill

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
How do I bargain on something like this?
At this point you really can't. It takes a bigger effort of more people putting their foot down. Because if you don't buy it, some other fool will soon be separated from his money and buy it.

(No offense to anyone that paid alot. :D)

If I were you, I'd just take your money and leave. There are other bikes. As long as the majority of buyers view the bike as end all be all must have, the prices will stay high. I got mine because the timing was right and I bargained two dealers off each other to get a better deal. I was prepared to buy a different bike though.

But if you really must have it... then by all means. It's your money.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had a deposit on an 08, I told my dealer to screw. I was pissed at the time. It took me some time to find a used one. You have to be patient, and when you see a good deal don't hesitate. The owner of my 250 previously owned an R6 and wanted to ride again so he bought the Ninja. He was bored of it and sold it for a great price, he is now the proud owner of an R1 ;). One man's trash is another man's treasure :). Drove a total of 8 hours to get it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where is this?

The dealership told me they sold there first 09 for $5200 otd. Some other dealer in the area tried to sell me a 09 250R for $6500 otd. WTF. I was told by the salesman, demand on the 250R will drop alittle after the fuel spike. He said when you're next on the line, you should get it around $4800 or so. To me, $4800 seems right and giving them 100ish to pocket. I'm going to try to push them down to $4700 to see if is possible. I'm in no hurry to ride, so I'll just walk out, come back in a few months. Winter is coming.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I really wanna get this bike though -_-
But I'm prepared to say no.
The reason I'm asking about this is cause I'm at the top of the list with a deposit of 3 months old.
I just don't know what to do :[

I'm considering just waiting it out, I mean Kawasaki must already know that they're selling like mad over here. I'm just putting my bet on them producing more than enough...it's a huge gamble.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I really wanna get this bike though -_-
But I'm prepared to say no.
The reason I'm asking about this is cause I'm at the top of the list with a deposit of 3 months old.
I just don't know what to do :[

I'm considering just waiting it out, I mean Kawasaki must already know that they're selling like mad over here. I'm just putting my bet on them producing more than enough...it's a huge gamble.
Go there and try to bargain... what have you got to lose? They may not lower the price, but see if you can get them to offset the price somehow by throwing in some gear. If not, walk away and wait it out. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. I'm from perth and looking at the brand new 2009 250R and im looking at paying $7500 inc ORC for it so really you guys are getting it good :S

1 - 20 of 74 Posts