Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Yep I know this has been done to death but a few questions. It seems the places to look are ignition, windshield, fairing places were rubbing with white marks and rubber under the tank.

Question is how thick will the draft excluder tape need to be. I have something called helicopter tape. It's about 1mm thick and is used on helicopter blades and by cyclists to protect bike frames. Possible advantage is it's clear. Does any one have photos of mods they have done to resolve this. Would o-rings work on windshield and what is the process or issue with ignition buzz.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you tried lowering\raising the the fairing screen ?

I bought an after market screen and once installed i had a constant buzzing at 3200 RPM but i lowered it tot he lowest settings and the buzzing stopped. + it looks cooler too :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fairing screen? Do you mean windshield? I have managed to locate a 2011 Ninja 650 parts diagram with the location of dampening parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diagram attached were to put the parts but it would seem that draft excluder would work and still be hidden.

Parts as follows from Cornwall Kawasaki Centre

92161-0731 damper upp coweling x2 £1.52 each +vat

92161-0740 damper upp side cowling X3 £1.46each + vat

92161-0835 damper20x20x10 x2 £1.52 each +vat

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so as suggested I took the windshield and black plastic almost triangle part underneath off. Put door draught excluder underneath and under the instrumen cluster. Buzzing sound is dramaticly reduced. No longer doing my head in. Simple fix and these parts already had the stock rubber dampeners on.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I had a noise on my 2008 250R, and it turned out to be the clutch lever. It was slightly loose (had some play in the pivot point) and would vibrate/rattle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts