Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wonder what would be good to design and 3D print. First project will be the Gauge pod.
What will you guys like to see?

I can also design and cut flat sheets of metal for cheap but I don't think there is any use for that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that's easy to design. I will probably just release the 3D files after designing. Actually I'll release all the files that I make.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havent forggotten, currently in the process of relocating the gauges, then make a steering damper that doesnt use that big rod. Currently printing the gauge mount hole sizes. suggestions of where to place the gauges?

will be using this yellow steering damper then adapting it tot he piston thing steering damper in the center of the fork holder things/ handle bar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah need your help guys, if I use the steering damper where should I place the gauges

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ayy looking good. That's a MT-07 windscreen, i have a MT-09 windscreen coming also. Currently have the gauge cluster zip tide with a custom bracket, waiting on the MT-09 windscreen and the Sportsbar to come in before I design a mount. Next will be removing the fairings and making something for the radiator after the front end is done.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Ayy looking good. That's a MT-07 windscreen, i have a MT-09 windscreen coming also. Currently have the gauge cluster zip tide with a custom bracket, waiting on the MT-09 windscreen and the Sportsbar to come in before I design a mount. Next will be removing the fairings and making something for the radiator after the front end is done.
Why fitting the MT-09 screen? Do you need more wind protection?

I think it already looks great with this screen :D

Nice job anyway, keep posting!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The 3D printed gauge bracket, can easily be modified for your needs. Yes it has slots for nuts for the bolts on the sides, it attaches to my windscreen. Amy suggestions for covering up the forks above the bottom fork triple clamp?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So... Inverted fork swap, easiest way?

Heard about the z1000 upper and lower trees but don't know what year. And also calipers and use original wheels?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Steering damper compatible with sports bars coming soon™ the adapter is Resin printed with a mix of 75% engineering resin and 25% flexible resin. On previous pics you can see that i already installed a steering damper bracket that is not as strong
'
Just need to modify this that's already installed on the bike

Font Tool Material property Eyewear Auto part

Good or dumb idea? Either way it will be installed. Total price $150

·
Registered
333 Posts
2015 Versys handlebar upper clamp

You think it will fit if i use those two holes to make a cluster mount

... Only if there was a different gauge cluster that wasn't so ugly and shows fuel level
There's definitely a need for those of us who modify to mount the stock gauge somewhere else. Kudos to you for doing this!

I dont have a 3d printer and took the more expensive route and I used a Koso DB03r for exactly this reason. It has a fuel gauge, its much smaller than standard, Has most of what you need except for ABS and Fuel reserve light and has lots of other features the stock one doesnt have; i love mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's definitely a need for those of us who modify to mount the stock gauge somewhere else. Kudos to you for doing this!

I dont have a 3d printer and took the more expensive route and I used a Koso DB03r for exactly this reason. It has a fuel gauge, its much smaller than standard, Has most of what you need except for ABS and Fuel reserve light and has lots of other features the stock one doesnt have; i love mine.
I have looked into the koso gauge, i first need to install a connector (already bought two pairs) for the stock gauge that allows me to swap between the two. Going to need an oscilloscope to figure out the missing sensors and might have to creat a custom circuit .

Then I gotta finish up my 3d printed headlight mount and somehow make an appealing windscreen

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have looked into the koso gauge, i first need to install a connector (already bought two pairs) for the stock gauge that allows me to swap between the two. Going to need an oscilloscope to figure out the missing sensors and might have to creat a custom circuit .

Then I gotta finish up my 3d printed headlight mount and somehow make an appealing windscreen
What missing sensors ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts