Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their website has just changed to reflect all the new changes. Go check it out.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I actually really like the look of the 6R as well as the new Monster versions of each.

I also absolutely love the new look of the 650R. I hope they give that front end to the 250R as well. The new supermoto looks great too.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Engine Type Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Displacement 599 cc
Bore x Stroke 67.0 x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio 13.3:1
Fuel Injection DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles, two injectors per throttle body
Ignition TCBI with digital advance
Transmission 6-Speed
Final Drive X-Ring Chain
Rake/Trail 24 deg / 4.0 in.
Frame type Aluminum perimeter
Front Tire Size 120/70-ZR17
Rear Tire Size 180/55-ZR17
Wheelbase 55.1 in.
Front Suspension / wheel travel 41 mm inverted Showa Big Piston Front fork with top-out springs, stepless compression and rebound damping, fully-adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
Rear Suspension / wheel travel Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® with gas-charged shock, top-out spring and pillow ball upper mount, dual-range (high/low-speed) stepless compression damping, 25-way adjustable rebound damping, fully-adjustable spring preload / 5.2 in.
Front Brake Type Dual 300mm petal rotors with dual radial-mounted, four-piston, four-pad calipers
Rear Brake Type Single 220mm petal rotor with single-piston caliper
Fuel Tank Capacity 4.5 gal.
Seat Height 32.3 in.
Curb Weight 421.2 lbs. <---- JESUS CHRIST!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
the 6'r may be in my garage to be honest w/ ya, i'm curious of some power #'s though

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Hmmm, that's about 11 lbs heavier than the 08CBR, so it should be lighter than the 07/08 6R
i'm sure that most of it is in the exhaust & emmissions crap, but damn that old school zx7r range :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
626 Posts
i like it (6r), except for the front :( dont like the new headlights at all. the rest of the bike is sexy though, so i guess i could overlook the lights.

but i like my 08 and dont plan on giving it up! im curious to see some numbers on this new 6r and see how it compares to the 07-08 bikes.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm sure that most of it is in the exhaust & emmissions crap, but damn that old school zx7r range :Laughing rolling:
Holy crap, it's 20lbs lighter than the 07/08! That's huge! Just found that tidbit on the website

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Holy crap, it's 20lbs lighter than the 07/08! That's huge! Just found that tidbit on the website
so the new one is lighter than the previous 07/08?? damn, & i thought my 636 was a piggy at 370 :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'll take a green ZX6R for sure! Don't really care for the whole monster Energy thing.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so the new one is lighter than the previous 07/08?? damn, & i thought my 636 was a piggy at 370 :D
I think you are confusing curb weight with dry weight. Dry weight is with no fuel/no oil, no fluids at all, and in many cases no battery.

03/04 was the lightest 600 production as of date
05/06 got heavier
07/08 got heavier

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG!!!! That exhuast has got to go. Nasty looking
Isn't that what you expect from almost all supersports :lol:

The smart thing was that on both models (6 and 10), there are significant weight savings to still be made considering that bulky brass instrument looks heavy

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I think you are confusing curb weight with dry weight. Dry weight is with no fuel/no oil, no fluids at all, and in many cases no battery.

03/04 was the lightest 600 production as of date
05/06 got heavier
07/08 got heavier
so what would that come out to dry weight & yes i got that confused (thanks) between the two,

1 - 20 of 65 Posts