Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2009 Black ninja 250r with 115 miles on it. Since the day I got it, the bike would idle normally at 1350 rpms and when fully warmed up it would stay at 1350 rpms then sometimes rise to 3k and stay there. My first thoughts were to adjust the idle, but could the issue be the engine is still breaking in? Also, could the carbs be dirty after 115 miles? Let me know guys, thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2009 Black ninja 250r with 115 miles on it. Since the day I got it, the bike would idle normally at 1350 rpms and when fully warmed up it would stay at 1350 rpms then sometimes rise to 3k and stay there. My first thoughts were to adjust the idle, but could the issue be the engine is still breaking in? Also, could the carbs be dirty after 115 miles? Let me know guys, thanks!
Are you releasing the choke when the bike gets warmed up...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I operate the choke normally; when the bike is fully warmed up the choke is set fully down (if you are sitting on the bike, it is towards the windscreen) To me the choke does not seem to be the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts